My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So have to keep it easy for a month anyways. I have a small cavernous area approx. 4mm on my brain stem that was bleeding it swelled up to 6mm and has put pressure on things causing total numbness to my entire right side. Also screwed up with my digestive system, windpipe, breathing at times is scary. Reflexes are good, still know if im being poked with paperclip just as good on both sides. Had full time hiccups but over the last day they seem to have subsided which means improvement. I can feel more pain at times in my lower back which is normal for me and thats a good sign. Im getting my appetite back which means my energy and stamina are coming back. Over the xmas break I was in bed full time. Just beat. Now somethings changing, possibly the swelling has come down a bit. I have another MRI in 60 days but hopefully this gets better. The alternative was extensive brain surgery that could possibly have a bad outcome with parlays to my entire right side, feeding tube, bags, tracheostomy breathing tube and from 6 months stay in hospital with 1.5 years recovery. Ill take the easy route, hopefully can be on the sled again for February.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear things are looking up Ron. Hopefully things just keep getting better and better. Keep up with the rest.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it easy Ron and don't overwork beyond what docs say
Glad to hear there is improvement.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've waited since the first page...

All those people that said there was something wrong with your head, ya they were right. lol

Best wishs

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it easy Ron, and speedy recovery! Looking forward to getting out on the hill with you again.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it easy Ron, like others have said there will be more winters. kick back relax and beat this thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom