My BRP Customer Service Experience **Read for a nice eye opener**

AJW

Reaction score
Well, sled is sold and thats the last BRP product I will ever own... Which is too bad cause I'm in the market for a new sled and quad.

It'll most likely be a Nytro. I think yamaha definitely has the edge when it comes to reliable sleds and they're dropping more weight every year.

The sled climbed like crazy and had nice power but I'm willing to sacrifice weight for reliability. Whether the sled weighs 450 lbs or 600 lbs, its still heavy when its dead weight and you have to tow it back to the truck... lol

weldor

Reaction score
I feel the same way about Yami. I've been fighting with problems with my 07 since it was three months old. I didn't have one good ride this past season due to problems. And driving an hour to my dealership to have a repair done is getting old fast. I must admit though that my dealer has worked hard to get the issues solved, but it did take a couple of kicks in the ribs for them to get going on it.

Full_Out

Reaction score
The reason BRP wanted your serial number was so she could flag it as a cross boarder deal, which are detrimental to Canadian Dealers. Also, why would you want to hand over your Canadian money to the Americans??? If I were to cheap out and buy an American unit, I would expect to have my warranty voided.
The ISSUE is the completely underhanded and dirty practice that this CANADIAN FUNDED company practices by pretending to help a customer but all the while planning on screwing him over by flagging the sled.
– The reason they want to flag your sled is you are sending CANADIAN FUNDS to America! You are not supporting your local dealer or your economy!!! They are not trying to screw you over, they are trying to stop cheapskates like you from dumping money across the border.

Just so you know I was well aware that the warranty was not available in Canada when I bought the sled but thought I'd check it out since I've heard of people getting warranty work done.
- Keep your money in your own country and stop bitching when you get caught cheaping out knowing full well what you were doing in the first place.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post for a newbie??????????????, also for a Canadian company that has had handouts/bailout money from all the tax payers.

Full_Out

Reaction score
also for a Canadian company that has had handouts/bailout money from all the tax payers.

By the way Bombardier took the bail out, not BRP. Two totally different companies, get your facts straight.

As for being a newbie, I signed up to this forums just to comment on the posters ludicrous complaints and contradictory statements.
And before you ask, yes I do ride I'm not some random complainer. I just can't stand the "I have no warranty" bitch I hear all to often with these cheapskates throwing money across the border

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way Bombardier took the bail out, not BRP. Two totally different companies, get your facts straight.

Dont really care there started out as ONE then sold off the recreation division.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ran into this issue when we bought a "race" sled. we bought it off a brp hillclimb racer who used it as a backup machine...had maybe 100kms on it. when i went in for clutch updates they said oooh no thats a race machine wouldnt do it. o well not complaining just never thought about that.

either way i still dont understand why brp will not honor warranty in canada. the dealers shouldnt care they are still getting paid for the work and brp still got the money for the origional purchase..i dont think its worth pissing people off over.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if her plan to void your warranty was in the best interest of the Dealer and if her statement really reflects Ski-Doo and thier beliefs. I would go higher up the ladder to find out. One snarky employee shouldn't set the tone for the entire dealership/company.

Don't give up on then manufacutre until you've checked it out further.

Good Luck.

I agree
thats a very true, and valid, point, my hope as a dealer is that should an employee of mine, do an injustice to a valued customers(as all are) then i would hope that they no discount all that the company as worked for and achieved, without going through higher channels.

Terry

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's NOT ONLY crossborder deals that BRP gives alot of trouble with customer service!! I bought locally brand new, and had nothing but trouble with the machine and the dealer. Head office in Quebec actually told me that they do not care if i sell and go with a different brand, because they feel other people will take my place as their customer.
With a head office that has an attitude like that and dealers that are worse than that, i do not own the BRP product anymore, but other brands dealers are getting rich off all the cash i have been spending.

Sure they have good product that is tons 'o' fun to ride, BUT unless they figure out how to treat customers, i can not buy from them again.

donj

Reaction score
Just gotta reply to this...this topic has been gone over again and again..I have bought 5 new Revs in as many years, and all were from local dealers..if you bought an out-of-country sled you had to of heard there could be some repurcussions..ie:warranty issues. I have been selling GM vehicles for 14 years and have to deal with customers cross-boarder shopping..fortunately most people decided that the money saved wasn't worth the hassles ie:no warranty on new vehicles for the first 6 months of ownership..right or wrong that's how it is..most everything is cheaper in the states..that's how it is..I purchased a new RV in the states 3 years ago because it was thousands less than here..I thought "well if I can't beat em then join em", what a mistake..they made all kinds of false promises re warranty" jsut call with any problems, take to your local rv dealer and we'll give em a visa number to pay for reapairs" NOT..IT IS STILL A DIFFERENT COUNTRY and if you buy there there will be some kind of repurcussions..that's how it is..I would rather have a dealer here to protect me..if everyone were to buy in the US we would have NO dealers here..they are jsut as frustrated about the pricing as we are..as for BRP customer service, they are no better or worse than the others, and at least they are a Canadian company,providing Canadians jobs..try going onto the Polaris forums, or Cat or Yamaha, they have their problesm as well..we are all guinea pigs..the "unpaid" r&d for the manufacturers..:rant: my 2c worth

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
i for one have never had an issue with ski doo waranty. i had 2 sets of piston and rings done and a chassis on my 04. im hard on it. i had to fight for the chassis but in the end i got it done. i dont mind paying a little more for a local buy, cause on friday before i leave for the hills if i find something wrong that i need a part for my local dealer has always helped me out. even when they were closed. that is worth alot to me.

donj

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's probably because YOUR dealer took the initiative to help you out because YOU support him! That's how the "system" works, and always will..a "friend" of mine bought a new Kawasaki dirt bike from another friend of mine whom has a local dealership..he sold him the bike at a $1000.00 loss to move it out..then the "friend" whom bought the bike bought a few thousand dollars worth of "adds" for the bike.but guess what, he bought all the stuff out of the states as it was "cheaper"..just goes to show how some people are..:nono:

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i for one have never had an issue with ski doo waranty. i had 2 sets of piston and rings done and a chassis on my 04. im hard on it. i had to fight for the chassis but in the end i got it done. i dont mind paying a little more for a local buy, cause on friday before i leave for the hills if i find something wrong that i need a part for my local dealer has always helped me out. even when they were closed. that is worth alot to me.

I agree, I use same dealer. You be loyal to them and they will support you as best they can.
One of the main reasons dealers don't want to do warranty is because there ussually is no money in it for them The factory tells them how much they will pay for it and it takes long time to get paid sometimes. Sometimes the dealers will give you warranty but after you leave happy the manufacturer does not agree that it is warranty and the dealer is out of pocket.

Forget all this cross border stuff, Support our economy

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes BRP is a Canadian company, but they are making all their quads in Mexico (not giving jobs to locals) sure some locals get jobs, in customer service telling us " warranty doesn't cover that" or "go buy another brand so i don't have to deal with you". Our wonderful canadian company selling "our machines to good old U.S.A. cheaper than we can buy it here at home, good people!!

AJW

Reaction score
The reason BRP wanted your serial number was so she could flag it as a cross boarder deal, which are detrimental to Canadian Dealers. Also, why would you want to hand over your Canadian money to the Americans??? If I were to cheap out and buy an American unit, I would expect to have my warranty voided.

– The reason they want to flag your sled is you are sending CANADIAN FUNDS to America! You are not supporting your local dealer or your economy!!! They are not trying to screw you over, they are trying to stop cheapskates like you from dumping money across the border.

- Keep your money in your own country and stop bitching when you get caught cheaping out knowing full well what you were doing in the first place.

I see my old post was ressurected.

Did you even read what you posted? Before you call me an idiot answer me a few questions... How do you figure I was handing my money over to the americans? By buying from BRP? A Canadian company. The american dealer may have made a small amount on the new sled (approx. 7%) but the majority of the sale goes straight to BRP. So how am I screwing over the canadian dealers??? BRP is screwing over the canadian dealers by offering such HUGE price differences to the americans!!! You talk about supporting your country and economy when the companies LOVE guys like you who'll just roll over and pay whatever they ask without squawking at all!! They don't have any patriotic allegiance and you're totally fooling yourself if you think so... Wave your patriotic flag all you want, its BRP who's laughing at you at the end of day. Supply and demand is the rule of the economy, if the demand for sleds is high, people will pay through the nose for them! 2008 reflects a change in where people make major purchases and looky here!! 2009 sleds are cheaper! Its not worth it to buy out of the states now because the canadian dealers are prices are competitive.

That being said, I have a hard time buying any products from BRP anymore. Their new Backcountry XP machine is pretty nice and would appeal to me but I think I'll be going with another manufacturer for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom