My BRP Customer Service Experience **Read for a nice eye opener**

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to have a good relationship with your dealer,,They can make things happen. My dealer warrantied one of my old SKI DOO's(crank bearing seized) after warranty was up and I had aftermarket heads,pipes and reeds wich should've voided warranty
altogther... After 20year of riding many differnt SKI DOO's, thats the only motor I've ever had crater on me,,and I am hard on equiptment Ie always pinned even on the trail....(knock on wood) Rotax are good engines.

Lots of Other suff has broke mostly from abuse and rolling. 670summit throttle stuck open some times...thats what the brake and kill switch is for...These are just toys for grown men remember, you can't expect them to perform flawlessly all the time. I love my BRP sled, my dealer is great and I try not to think about big corperations,,financial institutions and government trying to F-me over for my pennies, cause I'd go insane....And I don't mind bending them over when I get a chance...

My Dad he loves his polaris,, he mods(If polaris is reading this they were stock..lol) them up and some years blows up 4 or 5 times. They almost always warranty it because the dealer loves him.

Good business relation ships(with local disributors/not big bad corp's) is the key to good service...my 2cents

donj

Reaction score
Yes BRP is a Canadian company, but they are making all their quads in Mexico (not giving jobs to locals) sure some locals get jobs, in customer service telling us " warranty doesn't cover that" or "go buy another brand so i don't have to deal with you". Our wonderful canadian company selling "our machines to good old U.S.A. cheaper than we can buy it here at home, good people!!

Unfortunately you bought your BRP quad u had problems with in Red Deer, and that dealer doesn't have a very good reputation..u have to research your dealer as well as what your buying..do you suppose your Polaris was built in Canada?? Most likely a good portion of it came from Mexico,or China, or Japan..When I was referring to jobs for Canadians I was also referring to jobs at the dealer level, the shipping etc etc, it's a large spinoff..as for them telling u to go buy another brand, i'm guessing you were being pissy and they reacted likewise..(which I know is hard not to do..been there):rolleyes: Oh, and sure you could buy you rPolaris cheaper in the states as well..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you bought your BRP quad u had problems with in Red Deer, and that dealer doesn't have a very good reputation..QUOTE]

Red deer dealer is great,,,:confused:If you know Glen Turple;)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen is there quite a bit,,I've never had any major problems with any one
in service and the mechanics are pretty good.(altough they've lost some of the best ones over the years) And I mostly work on my stuff myself anyways.

They are a bit pricy,,but thats a big building and ALOT of invitory sitting there
over all I'd say Turple bros is in the top10 best dealers in alberta..IMO(And has been in business for over 50years in red deer)

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Customer service/warranty seems to be a headache anywhere go with any brand. Dealerships in Grande Prairie give me the run around when something is obviously wrong. They don't like to fix stuff that wasnt purchased from them, even if its from another city like Edmonton.

Full_Out

Reaction score
Thanks for the last few posts! How refreshing, some people do get it! :D
You can't even imagine how much the dealers appreciate keeping your purchases local. Trust me, they remember the people that buy out of country and try their best not to help them. Why help someone out that only comes through the door for free work and then spends their money elsewhere? Think about it people...

One perfect example:
In 2008 the Summit 800R's were eating a belt every 100km or so for the majority of sleds. BRP hates paying for belts and it is very rare for them to actually accept a belt claim. If you bought your sled locally, if BRP didn't pay for the belt, you know your dealer didn't mind good willing one or more for you. If your unit came from across the border, you know you weren't getting any belts.

Buy local and support your economy. If one of your customers for whatever you do would rather outsource your work, would you like that very much? Would you warranty the other guys work just because you're in the same field?

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:Cool9:It's a very very fine line! Warranty is NOT a cash cow, dealers are subjected to warranty audits, etc..we were charged back $80000 in one audit, makes you think twice about who you will do "good will" for..one expensive "good will" repair could save more money than buying used or out-of-country..and yes his applies to sled,quads,vehicles,etc etc

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you bought your BRP quad u had problems with in Red Deer, and that dealer doesn't have a very good reputation..u have to research your dealer as well as what your buying..do you suppose your Polaris was built in Canada?? Most likely a good portion of it came from Mexico,or China, or Japan..When I was referring to jobs for Canadians I was also referring to jobs at the dealer level, the shipping etc etc, it's a large spinoff..as for them telling u to go buy another brand, i'm guessing you were being pissy and they reacted likewise..(which I know is hard not to do..been there):rolleyes: Oh, and sure you could buy you rPolaris cheaper in the states as well..

Sure Trurple Bros. has a bad rep. now (not so yrs ago), the bigger they got the more the good service dropped off!!! Yes i agree Glen Turple is a fine gentleman (i had a very long chat with him about all the problems). Unfortunatly he did know all about his crappy service reps and poor attidudes behind the counter, but felt totaly helpless and didn't know how to fix the problem. Fire the bad ones (and how do you find a good replacement, talk with them and have them pissed off at you!! ) I can see the problem he faces and hopefully by now he has been able to repair most of his problems.

As far as the machine i'm riding now, i really don't care who made it, or where the parts came from..... all i care about is that it HAS NOT ONCE BROKE DOWN IN ANY WAY and my dealer has been VERY GOOD IN DEALING WITH EVERY CONCERN about it!!!!!
P.S. the only time i EVER became "PISSY" with BRP head office is when they told me they did not care about the little customer as there are many more to take your place, so just leave us alone., I'm sure that would make most anyone "pissy".....after spending over $ 17,000 on a piece of crap.

Also why would i want to buy my machine in the states??? ,i always try to buy all my stuff as close to home as possible, i like to help out our local dealers, and i like to have the warranty that i expect !!
I have bought a new machine every year for the last 4 yrs (all over $10,000 ) and all have been from local dealers, (have i not done my part??).

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find you get back what you put out, yelling and screaming, not so far, a little calmer may get you somewhere. you walk in with a folded up a arm, get real you hit something, no matter how weak it was. I've brought back a few sleds from US, from money saved who cares about warranty. I still support dealer, and am always in there. some things you can't fix or don't have the time to, but it's your money, spend it how you like, as you will have good and bad at every dealer.

Top Bottom