Muskoka Freerider

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair, but alot of us have never had a chain fail in our entire lives so its like why add a potential fail point?
you mean like this lol.
1706206510536.png

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair, but alot of us have never had a chain fail in our entire lives so its like why add a potential fail point?

I’ve had a couple fail on different sleds back in the 90’s riding in fields… Usually take out the case too. I’d much rather have a belt blow on the mountain then a exploded chain case.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dallas actually went back to NA after his 22 turbo. Too much fuel and oil consumption lol
There’s 2 guys I ride with that rode turbo‘s for 6 years,after market ones till doo’s early release in 2020 then new one every year till this year.They’re both back on NA’s and really liking it. They’re hardcore riders that ride a lot in hills.
Not sure if some of the younger riders realize most riding area‘s were conquered long before turbo’s were ever a thing.I had the pleasure of riding with guys in the NA only period and we layed some first tracks on some mountains in the Robson Valley.Not first of the season tracks but first ever tracks.🙂

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s 2 guys I ride with that rode turbo‘s for 6 years,after market ones till doo’s early release in 2020 then new one every year till this year.They’re both back on NA’s and really liking it. They’re hardcore riders that ride a lot in hills.
Not sure if some of the younger riders realize most riding area‘s were conquered long before turbo’s were ever a thing.I had the pleasure of riding with guys in the NA only period and we layed some first tracks on some mountains in the Robson Valley.Not first of the season tracks but first ever tracks.🙂
With a lot less HP too.

The old school thinking that an N/A sled loses huge HP at elevation no longer applies today.
The old 3% for every 1000ft was a carb. sled but with EFI and MAP sensors sleds today do a good job holding HP.
They still lose HP but less then 2%, while the turbo version creates its own atmosphere continue to maintain.
In most all your BC riding zones N/A sleds are running closer to 150-155hp vs the turbo 170hp, it takes a lot of HP to gain 1mph track speed but 1mph make's a big difference in certain snow conditions.
So yes turbo sleds put more track speeds down for them early deep days vs an N/A but the balance of the season.

Top Bottom