Muskoka Freerider

Got Juice?

Reaction score
You guys would be surprised what the pros have to pay for. It’s not as good as you think lol

They might leave the season with a
Clapped out sled they can sell for 8 grand and 20 points off parts but that’s about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, but most of the sponsored sledders get 2-3 sleds free from Polaris each year. And this is from knowing one personally. 2 per year. Must go to all functions (paid for) and provide structured content and a certain amount of it each year, take part in promos, etc etc.. so it isn't really 'free' they pay for the sleds w appearances and promo ads.

When the riders sell the sleds, that money is theirs, it does not go back into doo's or Polaris coffers.

And the wraps, have to be approved... Manuf name front and centre and no competitor logos etc etc visible

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You guys would be surprised what the pros have to pay for. It’s not as good as you think lol

They might leave the season with a
Clapped out sled they can sell for 8 grand and 20 points off parts but that’s about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup that’s pretty close, the doo racers that are outside the top still have to buy their sleds but at a much reduced price

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top 3 guys maybe the rest are paying for there stuff. Not full price but they are paying. Some might have a deal with a dealer they might give a rider a sled to use for the year. The days of free stuff is over covid or what ever that was made it even worse than it was.

wkotelko

Reaction score
I cringed several times on that last video. Caleb is lucky he is not hurt. I guess these guys do this for a living and this kind of footage is what keeps it exciting for viewers. But jjeesh don't try this stuff at home kids you will be crippled and broke! I honestly do not think they are capturing half of the breakdowns or sled issues though considering the punishment they are putting them through. Great entertainment, it is helping me withstand the itch until i can finally head up to the hills myself.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watch them for the train wrecks. Honestly I can’t believe people really would ride that kind of terrain but that’s me. Sadly I have always put my sleds ahead of my personal safety to a fault. But by not putting my sled in those type of riding conditions I don’t usually get hurt either. I’m nearing the end of my riding career so won’t be on the hill till conditions get a lot better. See you in February! Haha

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"These guys are all chickening out man, all you gotta do is hit it 5th gear as fast as the bike will go and you'll land perfectly on the down side"

- Travis Pastrana

No guts no glory....

Now that’s a guy that probably can feel a thunderstorm coming for days! He looks in pain while walking lol

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He still givener in his 40s though. He just pulled some new crazy chit the other day.

Cant think of any one that has had more success in extreme sports than him.
After reading this I decided to google his career injuries. One article states he has broken over 60 bones in his career. Guy is a machine.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of testosterone flowing with a group like that. Throw in the ridiculous snow conditions and the "I don't give a fawk about my sled because I'm sponsored or monetized" attitudes......I'm surprised there wasn't worse carnage

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of testosterone flowing with a group like that. Throw in the ridiculous snow conditions and the "I don't give a fawk about my sled because I'm sponsored or monetized" attitudes......I'm surprised there wasn't worse carnage
That how the Frenchie's I know ride all the time 🤣

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading this I decided to google his career injuries. One article states he has broken over 60 bones in his career. Guy is a machine.
Seen something about him the other day… currently he’s lined up for 2 knee replacements and some hip surgery…

Yes, Travis Pastrana has had success and made a career out of it, but phuk that, not interested in being a cripple… idgaf how good medical procedures are nowadays, those surgeries are a big deal… they do them so older folks can live with less pain, not so they can run marathons

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen something about him the other day… currently he’s lined up for 2 knee replacements and some hip surgery…

Yes, Travis Pastrana has had success and made a career out of it, but phuk that, not interested in being a cripple… idgaf how good medical procedures are nowadays, those surgeries are a big deal… they do them so older folks can live with less pain, not so they can run marathons
Lots of Rodeo and Chuckwagon guys in our area. We’re not in it before the big money hit if you were good like now. In their 60’s and they are train wrecks. One guy uses a milk carton to get into his pickup and can hardly walk. Fame is great when you are young in these type of sports but not so much in later years. Most of them are human weather vanes now. Lol

Top Bottom