Muskoka Freerider

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I tried a guy's brand new turbo 165 Doo out at Chatter. Loved the power but all it wanted to do on any hill was flip over backwards. I couldn't give it back to him fast enough. I would have to Baker one of those things.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a few of them and they never seem to have that problem.

Only saw that aftermath of his dad, but his buddy on the 146 I was thinking WTF are you doing, It happened in slow motion

Good thing they were there to save him....

Last edited:

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Experts been around for a while, same with the Turbo. More throttle, and brake control is needed is what im thinkin...

Maybe thats why its called the expert and not the Jerry addition...
Yep and hundreds of guys that are far less skilled than JERRY are on these new turbo sleds. We are seeing guys who just started riding on Gen 5’s, they are novices and a wreck waiting to happen.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog is alive, just get outta jail?

You know its funny. I got up at about 4 in the morning to take a piss and I was thinking about Kanedog and our whistler ride...

My Dad bought a Harley from Kane motorcycle in Calgary yesterday...

Crazy.

Last edited:

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know its funny. I got up at about 4 in the morning to take a piss and I was thinking about Kanedog and our whistler ride...

My Dad bought a Harley from Kane motorcycle in Calgary yesterday...

Crazy.
I miss him on this site, always had entertaining posts

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Getting back to Muskoka, I picked up a little tip for the over heating issue of our sled this morning. It works like a charm! Coming down to the truck today, there was low snow and little icy. I cut the piece of birch knowing that the closer to the truck the hotter the sled gets (I run with the engine temperature showing in the gauge up and down the trail in conditions that are not ideal). I was at 70 degrees and stuck the stick in the running boards. In no time, I was down to 50 degrees. A great tip from that awesome young fellow.

IMG_8203.jpeg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive done a lot of sledding and thought Ive seen it all, but Ive never seen someone "mouse trapped"

Seems like it happens all the time now, wtf's going on out there?

Its lots of things IMO, like sled setup.
I had this happen to me the first time ever this past weekend. I knew I was not going to get to the top of a hill due to a quick change in snow density. I tried to initiate a reentry but the snow was too dense, I could not get the sled to come around and it came almost right over backwards, good thing it didn’t.
It pinned my hand on the throttle WO and the bars smacked my right shoulder hard when the sled landed on me.
It could of been worse if I had not tried a reentry, but totally avoidable.

My learnings from this, I should of just cut the power and got stuck, but I had someone watching my back and my confidence was higher than my talent at that moment. Total LOFT moment that could of ended badly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting back to Muskoka, I picked up a little tip for the over heating issue of our sled this morning. It works like a charm! Coming down to the truck today, there was low snow and little icy. I cut the piece of birch knowing that the closer to the truck the hotter the sled gets (I run with the engine temperature showing in the gauge up and down the trail in conditions that are not ideal). I was at 70 degrees and stuck the stick in the running boards. In no time, I was down to 50 degrees. A great tip from that awesome young fellow.

View attachment 265682
Your ice scratchers not enough?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 265682
B2D6C85C-840E-4E86-A925-DCC605EA299F.jpeg

Top Bottom