Muskoka Freerider

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you still watch? Lots of people get ambassadored out. I like it that he’s not pushing product in your face. His brand is doing better than what poo or doo can offer.

This is bang on. Unless your name is Keith curtis with what the manufacturers are offering he’s better off continuing doing what he’s doing. And it’s better for us aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you still watch? Lots of people get ambassadored out. I like it that he’s not pushing product in your face. His brand is doing better than what poo or doo can offer.

I agree, but you'd be naïve to think he is not receiving compensation for the brands on his wrap and in his vids.
So many tubers receive substantial kickbacks for subtle product placement that you would never guess as a sponsor.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, but you'd be naïve to think he is not receiving compensation for the brands on his wrap and in his vids.
So many tubers receive substantial kickbacks for subtle product placement that you would never guess as a sponsor.
Forsure hes gettin some nice perks from dif companies and there products are all prob 100 perecent covered , ckx,bmp,munster are a few i imagine forsure but hes not talking about them in every video most known youtubers forsure get nice perks id say there is more value in youtube product placement then most other advertising streams these days. But least hes not being beating a deadhorse like he would have to being a ambassador. Hes got his own brand aswell which ive purchased stuff from
Just to show support for what he does.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, covering his costs is probably more than lots of people make in an entire year so I guess sort of haha!

Niner made it sound like hes making money.

Covering the cost sounds like breaking even to me. Better than a kick in the balls i guess. But when I go to work covering the expenses isnt going to cut it.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niner made it sound like hes making money.

Covering the cost sounds like breaking even to me. Better than a kick in the balls i guess. But when I go to work covering the expenses isnt going to cut it.
Our crew probably drops $1500+ each for a quick 4 day trip to Revy. Not factoring in sleds and gear. Even if he breaks even in a session, it's fairly substantial number I would guess. I assume breaking even likely factors in gear (which is most likely free) and sleds.

My wife is nowhere near the rider or social media figure that Matt is, and the discounts and free gear she gets from her sponsors in a year stacks up pretty decently.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our crew probably drops $1500+ each for a quick 4 day trip to Revy. Not factoring in sleds and gear. Even if he breaks even in a session, it's fairly substantial number I would guess. I assume breaking even likely factors in gear (which is most likely free) and sleds.

My wife is nowhere near the rider or social media figure that Matt is, and the discounts and free gear she gets from her sponsors in a year stacks up pretty decently.

It could be a million dollars for all i know, but if he spends it all. That = 0 profit in the buisness world.

Niner says it was a profitable buisness, and im interested. If all hes doing is covering the cost, thats cool but not what id consider a profitable buisness.

I know how much it cost, ive spent a lil time time sledding myself. Even got some free ch!t over the years.

Anywho, ill wait till Niner chimes in with the skinny. Sounds like he knows, and the rest of us are speculating

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be a million dollars for all i know, but he spends it all. That = 0 profit in the buisness world.

Niner says it was a profitable buisness, and im interested. If all hes doing is covering the cost, thats cool but not what id consider a profitable buisness.

I know how much it cost, ive spent a lil time time sledding myself. Even got some free ch!t over the years.
Spending it all = investing in growing the business.

We went many years with our business barely turning a profit most of the last 15 years. Last year we were able to sell for a large return. All depends on your goals. We pumped most of the money back in to the business while taking a reasonable salary in order to self fund growth. Looking back, I wish we had used somebody else's money and hit it 10x harder.

Your threads and regular content on here are what got me hooked back in the day, and ultimately drove me deep in to addiction with sledding.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spending it all = investing in growing the business.

We went many years with our business barely turning a profit most of the last 15 years. Last year we were able to sell for a large return. All depends on your goals.

Your threads and regular content on here are what got me hooked back in the day, and ultimately drove me deep in to addiction with sledding.

My Dad has been in business for 40+ years and has many employees. And thats how i could afford to sled 6 months a year.

I know a bit about buisness too.

Cheers glad you enjoyed my threads

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad has been in business for 40+ years and has many employees. And thats how i could afford to sled 6 months a year.

I know a bit about buisness too.

Cheers glad you enjoyed my threads
Jerry’s landscape and construction business looks like it’s the money maker. I Don’t think Matt’s making the videos just for the cash.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we’d be better off talking to your dad .

I can tell you all about it, but this is Muskoka thread and i am interested in his youtube channel and the buisness of it.

Didnt need a lecture on how much sledding costs or how buisness works.

But none of you know, so never.mind..

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I hope the kid is doing really well, he works really hard at what he does, and has carved out a nice niche for himself! You can't tell me there aren't days that he looks out the window and say FFS's I just want to sit this one out. He's gone from home for months in a risky environment! It isn't nearly as glamours as it looks and there is always a price to be paid for everything!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is bang on. Unless your name is Keith curtis with what the manufacturers are offering he’s better off continuing doing what he’s doing. And it’s better for us aswell

Exactly because if he got sponsored fully by Doo, in 2 weeks he wouldn't be able to tell you that he likes his 9R better than his G5. ;)

Top Bottom