Muskoka Freerider

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a way to destroy the handling of a Polaris by putting a laydown steering post in it.
The steering post is my biggest gripe about the poo ergos. Didn't know it was possible to change it. I've had a couple friends convert their cats and preferred it that way.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The steering post is my biggest gripe about the poo ergos. Didn't know it was possible to change it. I've had a couple friends convert their cats and preferred it that way.

I sure hated the lay down style on my g5 when I got it, but after a full season on it I’m starting to like it and wondering if it would be worth it to try on my alpha. I know a few guys who loved the lay down post on their cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like decent snow conditions for April.
So they call call it lay down post, but it is actually moved forward and more vertical.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hated the lay down style on my g5 when I got it, but after a full season on it I’m starting to like it and wondering if it would be worth it to try on my alpha. I know a few guys who loved the lay down post on their cats

Visualize this: If you are directly above the bars with a lay-down post (Doo) you can use your body weight to turn the steering (up and down), this takes less effort than horizontal bar swing "push and pull". BUT when you are hanging off the side of the sled and your arms are level with the the bars, then the "push and pull" (Polaris) is much easier. This is why the Polaris becomes easier when sidehilling super steep inclines. I do believe new riders find the Doo easier because they rarely hang out the side of the sled. No right or wrong here, only style of riding.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visualize this: If you are directly above the bars with a lay-down post (Doo) you can use your body weight to turn the steering (up and down), this takes less effort than horizontal bar swing "push and pull". BUT when you are hanging off the side of the sled and your arms are level with the the bars, then the "push and pull" (Polaris) is much easier. This is why the Polaris becomes easier when sidehilling super steep inclines. I do believe new riders find the Doo easier because they rarely hang out the side of the sled. No right or wrong here, only style of riding.

Oh I know the difference, rode lots of Polaris sleds pre axys chassis as well, my dad ran them from 13-15, I never liked the Polaris but I could ride them and I really didn’t like the doos until the g5 came out, was always a cat guy, been riding them since 2009. I swore by the vertical post steering, but after getting used to the g5 I’m actually liking it, much nicer steering on trails as well.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I know the difference, rode lots of Polaris sleds pre axys chassis as well, my dad ran them from 13-15, I never liked the Polaris but I could ride them and I really didn’t like the doos until the g5 came out, was always a cat guy, been riding them since 2009. I swore by the vertical post steering, but after getting used to the g5 I’m actually liking it, much nicer steering on trails as well.

Of course it is because on trails your are sitting down or standing above the bars.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUT when you are hanging off the side of the sled and your arms are level with the the bars, then the "push and pull" (Polaris) is much easier. This is why the Polaris becomes easier when sidehilling super steep inclines.

So you're saying this is your sidehill body position? Awesome.

eltigre630.jpg

Top Bottom