mud terrains

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more people never leave the pavement!

I have tried just about every tire out there! Most tire shop guys sell the tires that give them the most money! For oil field gravel roads bf goodrich are nfg, Yokohama's nfg, nittos nfg, cooper nfg Had good luck with hancooks mud tires, toyo's mudtires. At's, best were m55's . Tried the duratracs. Not enough time on them to tell. Mudtires siped would be a good option, City driving is a bit different than those who push snow to get to work
Best option is winter set studded, and a summer set, money is usually an issue though. My opinion sipped mud tires would be a good compromise, depending on where you do your driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two sets are the best for sure. That's what I have as once your set up it's not really anymore money.
Buy some take off wheels for cheap and done.
Get at least three years out of winter tires and two out of mud tires pending Kms.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the toyo open country ct? I've had three sets of toyo Mt's. Been happy with them, but considering the at2 extremes or the ct's this time

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was a bad choice thinking of running these in the winter. Even siped they sucked!
Had to put on some winters.

unimog

Reaction score
Been running a set of studded for winter this will be the second year on them have had no issues and they don't wear like the duratracs on a 1 ton . I run Toyo Mt's in the summer

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running Duratracs on my one ton.
Bought a second truck , "1/2 ton "and put a set of BFG ko2s on it.
Duratracs are better and I think I will pull the BFG's off and put a winter tire on .
Nothing like a good winter tire as have ran blizzaks before and no comparison.

Top Bottom