Mountain Mania 5 "the official announcement"

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks to everyone who made the Meet N Greet such a great success.
Kyle, you owe me a brew for the draw.
The GBCA should not be allowed in public, those folks are crazy....lol.
I hope everyone has as much fun as I did tonight.
Cheerz.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Man it was really hard working today/tonight.I kept seen all you guys pulling up to the park place lodge with sleds loaded up. I work right across the highway @ Yamagoya, the sushi place in Fernie. I work dbls on the weekend so there was no way to get anytime off. Especially this weekend. I hope you guys have a blast out there tomorrow and sunday. Just remember with all the great snow we got comes HIGH avy danger. Play safe and I want to see some pictures. Mainly so I know where not to go on Monday, hahaha JK. Play safe and make sure everyone gets home safe and sound.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Waiting in line to get parked. Parking lots are all full. We done did good S & Mers

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327165289674.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327165289674.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 294

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Grooming tonight so the trail will be decent tomorrow morning. The early bird will get the worm as the late comers will get the bumps. The trail just won't hold up to 100+ sleds. It is better that it was last weekend but by the end of the day it is whoop city.

Haven't seen the pipeline and Wrangler's cabin so busy, heehaw!

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come, it is appreciated.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grooming tonight so the trail will be decent tomorrow morning. The early bird will get the worm as the late comers will get the bumps. The trail just won't hold up to 100+ sleds. It is better that it was last weekend but by the end of the day it is whoop city.

Haven't seen the pipeline and Wrangler's cabin so busy, heehaw!

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come, it is appreciated.

So why not groom twice???

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great banquet last night. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
Thanks to the City of Fernie for making us feel so welcome.
Another thank you goes out to the Bar in the Park Place Hotel and Marnie for having an AWESOME band and allowing is to shut the bar down. Matt Blais's band had everyone dancing their butts off.
And I especially want to thank all the members of S&M who joined us for MM5. We the Moderators appreciate it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great banquet last night. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
Thanks to the City of Fernie for making us feel so welcome.
Another thank you goes out to the Bar in the Park Place Hotel and Marnie for having an AWESOME band and allowing is to shut the bar down. Matt Blais's band had everyone dancing their butts off.
And I especially want to thank all the members of S&M who joined us for MM5. We the Moderators appreciate it.

Awesome time SBR. First time at one of these events and it was well organized and the meal was spectacular. Met some great peeps. Thanks to Snow and Mud and all the hard work Ferniesnow put in making it happen close to home. I think everyone went home with a door prize and full belly. Lol. Great job once again!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So why not groom twice???

Well another shot at educating the masses; do you mean groom in the day time?

First of all the snow has to be worked (rolled and tumbled sort of) by the blade and the six blades in the mogul master. Then it is laid and packed smooth out the back of the mogul master. This "ribbon" has to then freeze at temps in the range of -10. It also has to be left undisturbed while it is freezeing. The set up time depends on temperature and moisture in the snow. Normally 6-8 hours with temps at -10 to get a set-up that will accommodate 100 sleds.

So if you are talking about a mid-day groom, it would be a waste of fuel, time, and resources. If you were lucky, 6-8 sleds behind the groomer would have a soft trail, not necessarily a smooth one as the snow in the low spots of the moguls would not be frozen yet. A double groom will work in the night if the temps are in the -10 range. Sometimes that is the only way to have a smooth trail the next day when the whoops are 12-16" deep.

Grooming is not a simple process and it is not like blading dirt although there are some similarities.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The Fernie Snowmobile Association would like to thank everyone who participated and especially S&M for thinking about us being able to host such a traditional event. The Snow-Gods blessed us with some snow and warm temps albeit maybe not enough snow for some folks as there were still some stumps and rocks showing but those are the hazards we deal with as sledders.

As snopro said, the meal was great, the peeps were great, and I didn't hear anything about tickets for trailer brakes, tie-downs, over loaded trucks, etc.

Also, a big thank you to Ryan and Tyler and Ken and the staff from Mr. R's for being the major sponsor.

Hope you all come back to our great area.

I, now know ​Maxwell........heehaw!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i 'll say that for the amount of snowfall ya had to work with and the traffic on the trail. fernie snow did an outstanding job. kudo's to ya doug. i've been on way worse trails, although if ya see an extra kidney on the trail it may be mine. shheeet i'm gretting old. but i still didn't win the prize, shheeeet. how old ya gotta be.

for all you complainers i can tell ya the pipeline and rolling hills are down several feet of snow, and this is one premier area to ride. thanks for the invite fernie. you are one of the good guy's.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to ferniesnow and his wife Bev for the guiding on saturday. We are home now, had a great time with an awesome meal and met some good peeps.
Will do it all over again next year when we know where it will be held.
Thanks again, Blair and Nicole

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an Awesome 4 days In Fernie BC, my old stomping grounds :) Great peeps, and it was good to finally put faces to names, and meet some new sled heads. Thanks for a great time Fernie, Doug, club, and township for having us. Park Place Lodge food and service Rocks Oi! I hope no one ever has to sleep alongside Imdoon', this man makes some strange sounds while asleep HAHA... On another note we did ride 3-4 ft of awesome snow along the pipeline for boon docking and hi marking, SAWEET :) Now it's hot tub time to work out a few kinks... Couldn't resist a couple pics.................
IMG_1898.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg
IMG_1903.jpg

Top Bottom