Moto @ McLean photos

pancake

Reaction score
Great weekend of dirt biking @ McLean Creek! Finding some great single track trails out there!

Attachments

• 100_7321.jpg
    100_7321.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_7324.jpg
    100_7324.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_7325.jpg
    100_7325.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_7331.jpg
    100_7331.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_7361.jpg
    100_7361.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 100B7341.jpg
    100B7341.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 263

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's Police and Fire Games.

It's a RMDRA made and maintainted trail.

If you aren't a member of RMDRA you should really check out their site by googling RMDRA.

If you question why I said that? Well somebody put hundreds of feet of those muskeg mats on that trail so you can enjoy the ride. 1000's of hours of volunteer hours go on with the club and 10's of thousands go into building bridges, buying equipment, and heli time to keep our trials open.

Additionally, as you can see on the 4th picture, quads have been using that trail. It is a motorcycle only trail recognized by the SRD. If you see a quad on these trails take pictures of plates and report.

pancake

Reaction score
I've checked out RMDRA and keep forgetting to join! I think about it when I go riding and then forget as soon as I get home!!
I was stoked to see that bridge across the muskeg rather than another mud pit with 10 different ways around it.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been out to McLean, wasn't that great when I was out there, hopefully I can make it out sometime and find the good bike trails

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been out to McLean, wasn't that great when I was out there, hopefully I can make it out sometime and find the good bike trails

In my opinion, it has some of the best riding around. Lots of various trails to test all skill levels. I would say on average it's more moderate to difficult riding. Also, the maps are poor which in a way is a good thing.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it has some of the best riding around. Lots of various trails to test all skill levels. I would say on average it's more moderate to difficult riding. Also, the maps are poor which in a way is a good thing.

This is true, I don't doubt that there's some good riding out there, we just weren't able to find it, I wont' go there again unless I have a tour guide, somebody who is familiar with the good bike trails.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've offered it before to anybody willing to come down here, or who is already here.

I know of most trails, mapped, unmapped, and new and not on map yet trails.

The last two rides I've been on we've invited others to join our group because they weren't familiar with the trail network. I go out normally at least once a week, and sometimes up to three times/week, although lately I've been doing some dual sporting (both at Mclean, other areas, and adventure riding). I also just cracked my pipe last ride so need to get my other pipe fixed before I can go again.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The first summer I rode McLean I thought it was crap. Nothing but rutted seismic lines and huge puddles and mud holes. Then I found all the single track that is there and now it's my favorite place to ride.

RMDRA puts in a ton of effort to keep those trails in great (yet challenging) shape!

If you see guys out there with chainsaws mounted on the handlebars of their dirtbikes, stop and say thanks.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how far from rockymnt house I will be there next summer but my need a break from the family for a day of riding and will hopefuuly have a crf450x buy then.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully next season I'll get a chance to hit up McLean again and maybe get in touch with you Shib, it's pretty convenient actually my Mom lives in Chestermere and we come down and visit once in a while. Definitely want to check out the single-track stuff, the trails I rode before there were pure crap. Didn't help that it was April either, extremely wet. Ohwell, next time!

Top Bottom