CF Moto

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Anyone on here have experience with CF Moto?

I see Cycleworks is carrying them now.

Once we get back east a SxS will be a must. I've been looking at a few down there
2012 Can-Am Commander with 3000Km and some goodies for $14K
2013 RZR 800 S with 2600km for $9500

And some similar machines - Wildcat is out because I've seen too many blow up.

I was looking into the CF Moto Z-force because my buddy has a CF Moto quad and absolutely swears by it. Looks like I could pick up a 2022 with 5 year warranty for $15500 -trail or $16800 - 800 EX EPS.

If parts are available and the warranty is decent I'd rather spend $18K on a new unit with warranty than $14K on a 10 year old unit with 3000km (I know 3000 isn't much I think the crew in NB does over 3000/yr)

Anyone have any experience with them????

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They seem to have caught on more than the other 'off brands'. H20 in Sicamous tried selling them after parting with BRP but they didn't seem to move many units. I bet if you called and talked to Dale he would give you his honest opinion. I would be concerned about parts support and resale value like with any of the off brand stuff.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They seem to have caught on more than the other 'off brands'. H20 in Sicamous tried selling them after parting with BRP but they didn't seem to move many units. I bet if you called and talked to Dale he would give you his honest opinion. I would be concerned about parts support and resale value like with any of the off brand stuff.
Yah but at least they are a Canadian brand and not some Chinese brand.

I'm going to look into them a little deeper - Can't be any worse than the Wildcat XX 1000

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had one. Seemed to work ok. Shifting from forward to reverse wasn’t to best it always ground the gears. It got repoed before it had lots of miles so can’t say to much about long term reliability. The plastic seems cheap. And I think resale is pretty much zero.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

I'm going to look into them a little deeper - Can't be any worse than the Wildcat XX 1000
If it means anything Ryan Hoffman who used to be the district sales manager for polaris jumped ship from polaris to join the CF Moto team. CF Moto has a way better factory warranty in terms of duration and seem to really be coming on strong. I'd look at them

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode that train with a kids snowmobile.

Phantom 250. It served its purpose but I never need to get parts for it. It’s a gamble!

It may work good, but if the dealers drop them, or they change business names, or go broke you are hooped for parts.

Our sled would have been worthless without the COVID crazy.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Weird My wildcat XX is the toughest machine I’ve ever had. A young kid I know if from Saskatchewan has one and he launches it drives a snot out of it too. He runs it till the grain dust plugs the filter and it won’t even start. Little quick tuneup and still running.

Tim at Cycle Works west swears the CF Moto‘s are tough

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each their own but imo they are overpriced for a brand that’s not mainstream . When I look a cfmoto I just think why would you buy it ? If they are the same or a comparable price to a proven brand why take the chance? Just my 2 cents.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
To each their own but imo they are overpriced for a brand that’s not mainstream . When I look a cfmoto I just think why would you buy it ? If they are the same or a comparable price to a proven brand why take the chance? Just my 2 cents.
But thats the point... they are significantly cheaper than the others and the warranty is much better. the Z-force 800 HO EPS LX is $20,500 out the door - a similarly equipped Polaris, Can-am etc. would be about $30-35K

If the CF moto is junk then obviously the mainstream machine is the way to go, but I've talked to a few people who love them - my buddy's CF-moto quad has 3000km in 2 years with zero repairs required so far and 3 years warranty remaining.

Just looking to see if folks on here have had the same experience

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't think I'd take a Wildcat 1000 for free, the 700 trail is another story I'd buy one of those. TBH that RZR 800S is a good deal if it's in nice shape with some accessories, comparable machines in BC and AB are $12-13k right now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something else to consider is accessories is there a lot available for them? the nice thing about canam/polaris is there are soooo many accessories when you want to add cab, heat, tracks, etc etc etc. either aftermarket or factory

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't think I'd take a Wildcat 1000 for free, the 700 trail is another story I'd buy one of those. TBH that RZR 800S is a good deal if it's in nice shape with some accessories, comparable machines in BC and AB are $12-13k right now.

I'm sure it will be sold by the time I get down there in 2 weeks - but something similar is what I have in mind unless I go CF moto

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cf moto sxs’s are loud, terrible ride quality and the shifting is a joke. Chinese made, Canadian distributed junk. They could have a ten year warranty and I still wouldn’t buy one. Rode with a guy a couple years ago with I believe it was the 950 that they have, it was the loudest roughest riding sport sxs I’ve ever been in. Transaxle design is brutal, grinded hard every shift. Motor and driveline are ridiculously loud. Lots of heat in the cab which is common with lots of sxs’s so that’s whatever. And it had brutal Walmart quality shocks. He thought it was the tits though as he paid $12k and had 5 years warranty lol. His had around 1500km on it. Seemed reliable enough as he said he never had an issue, that transaxle will only pay so long with all that grinding

Top Bottom