McLean Creek

powpounder

Reaction score
Hey can anybody tell me if you are allowed to ride a side by side at McLean Creek during the winter months. A few google searches and it says nothing over 1000lbs from Dec 1 to April 30. With the weight restrictions I thought maybe it’s for 4x4 trucks. With the low snow around Calgary I was thinking of going for a ride this weekend and maybe even camping in the campground. Maybe there is too much snow even? I ride there in the summer just haven’t done any winter riding there. Thanks

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studed up quads and SxSs rule the place all winter. For some of my friends it's the only time they go there. No dust or mud.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the reasoning behind dirt bikes not allowed there in winter?
Because when the bike and 1000 lb rule was made 35+ years ago it would have been impossible to ride those bikes in the snow covered hills. Same as side-by-sides, they didn’t even exist. The rules need to be updated, weight limit is not enforced in any way. Still lots of trucks and jeeps out there all winter too.

seen46

Reaction score
I go more there in the winter then summer. And Been stopped at least a dozen times by the COs since i got my first SxS in 2009, Never a issue. It's strange to have a rule and it's even still added to the new sighs, but never enforced.
But recently in the past 5 years or so. What they actually do though is move large boulders to act as barriers at the staging area. There supposed to be set at 72" wide. But actually there only about 65-66'' wide instead. And i have seen some 4x4s find ways around them, and they were later ticketed.

Top Bottom