Milwaukee tools

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can personally use one at your own will, I have one for my shed however we have seen some try one on jobsites we are unable to enter there sites as direct fired are against OHS regulations in an enclosed space due to carbon monoxide emissions.
Ya that's what i thought with regards to carbon monoxide, maybe a person only needs a small window open and that would suffice? What's your thoughts on this, and do you have ventilation on your shed while using?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ya that's what i thought with regards to carbon monoxide, maybe a person only needs a small window open and that would suffice? What's your thoughts on this, and do you have ventilation on your shed while using?
With ventilation in a personal property you the OHS regulations do not apply. On a job site they can only be used outside any thing inside or outside where your work area is under negative pressure an employer is required to provide a safe worksite. If you are introducing poisonous odorless gas into a site you will require controls. With known carbon monoxide introduced, the controls required would be more costly, un-comfortable, and dangerous than the alternative. The PPE required would start with supplied air. Carbon Monoxide poising can take time with exposure the OEL limit is very low. You typically wont even know on exposure but that can screw with your system. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/carbon-monoxide-poisoning

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What setting you have it on right there? Also thought these need a bit of ventilation or you might be having a nap. Was thinking of getting me one of these they are very nice.
its me buddy's he just pulled out of the box and fired it up

me took a couple of pics

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will be used outside :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
IMG_3107.jpeg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
One wouldn’t think you get as much slack for showing a picture of a heater!?! I got a Canadian tire version I heat my garage with it in the winter. Works great but they do build moisture.
Neil, I have the exact same one, great units. I was just stating that they and other 'herman nelson' direct fired units pose a heath risk and are not for inside at job sites, Yes they build alot of moisture, we used to see a fair bit on sites then we show the contractors the CO readings or OHS shows up. Now OHS shows up on 80% of our sites. They are required to use indirect fired units ' Frost Fighters' or electric heat.

When working in my yard i love this thing, nice and compact, quality build, inexpensive, and heats my PCV shed up fast,

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered one of these engines with the blower kit and so far one got delivered to a house in querbec. Emailed and they sent another one. Got delivered to a house in Brampton. Hope third times the charm but not holding my breath.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious as to which 1 to buy re; milwaukee packout rolling box? I am not a contractor but am getting tired of the bags to fit everything, and would like a milwaukee rolling box to go with my other packout cases. Want to see if some prefer the 48-22-8428 or the 48-22-8426 as the price point is significant
1711764477366.png

1711764609920.png

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
the 8426 is way better or you have to bend down to handle the other one. We have over 20 different variations of packet cases with my company. The wheels below work great too. I bought the above setup 8428 and it doesnt get used, you have to crouch to pull it.
1711766696108.png

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 8426 is way better or you have to bend down to handle the other one. We have over 20 different variations of packet cases with my company. The wheels below work great too. I bought the above setup 8428 and it doesnt get used, you have to crouch to pull it.
View attachment 281563
I was thinking on that scenario as well, as i just want it for around the house and acreage for practicality and no more bags. The chest looks cumbersome some what, and i sold off my rolling chest boxes as i won't have a use for them. Pretty much be able to put all the tools i will need in 2 boxes and a small packout. Want to be able to load and go to both places or even camping with what i need in 1 box or complete set up if need be tired of having to go around garage and gather what is needed for the current need lol! Thanks for your expertise on this dilemma i was having lol! Hope your feeling better btw and Happy Easter to you/your family:)

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home Depot has the "buy a string trimmer with rapid charger and a 8ah battery and get a blower for free" deal on right now

$498

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home Depot has the "buy a string trimmer with rapid charger and a 8ah battery and get a blower for free" deal on right now

$498
Which blower they giving ya? Also do you have to purchase all 3 separate pieces or is it a package deal?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 281563
Check out this Black Packout system! Of course we won't see this i bet until 2026 lol!

Looks like the Blackout system only available in the UK.

1711784765283.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom