mcbride quading

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode there last summer and i got some amazing photos it was beath taking if you think its beautiful in winter just wait to see it in the summer like i said AMAZING! best time of my life.

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
Good report Barry. I knew I should have come up this weekend. Looks like the snow is disappearing fast. That waterfall is better with more flow over it. I will be up for a quad trip for sure. Keep the pics coming. How about the Morkill FSR? When do you want to do that road?

You can ATV for 100s of km in the Morkhill now, There are amongest other things great waterfalls at 35km.

BEWARE BEWARE The road has been eroded by the river about 1 km past the logging deck on the left (@ 5km) the erosion has gone halfway through the road and if you went in , straight into the river. lts easy to ride round but if you went barreling down the centre of the track you will get hurt.

l will post pictures when 'l get it together'

Last edited:

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
...................Ok a couple of pics of the area where the erosion is.
l this is just past the 8km mark on the Morkhill road. A new 'road' has been tracked in. lts worth getting of and having a look as the erosion is concave under the road.

Happy trails

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up the Holmes Sunday. 40 in the sunshine, to hot. Saw 2 large grizz across the valley.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Barry: OK I give up. Enough fooling around with this racing thing, the pictures are too much. I'm heading your way next weekend. Bringing the significant other, 2 quads in the trailer behind the motorhome. Can we park at Holmes, Lucille, Bell, etc and ride from there? Roads good for a big rig? Park in town and bum a ride to the hills? PM me please.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Oldtimer I went there last year and for 1 night we stayed in the Lucille parking lot no problem Renshaw trail has parking along the way if the barriers are moved by now. Bring you rig and have some great riding and fun. take some pics and have the cameras ready lots of wildlife and great mountain shots

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry: OK I give up. Enough fooling around with this racing thing, the pictures are too much. I'm heading your way next weekend. Bringing the significant other, 2 quads in the trailer behind the motorhome. Can we park at Holmes, Lucille, Bell, etc and ride from there? Roads good for a big rig? Park in town and bum a ride to the hills? PM me please.

There is a nice park at the Holmes and you can stay at the parking lots of all the sled hills. The Beaverview camp ground is nice as well, and if you are here this weekend I am sure we could get you to the quad areas. Working Friday but hope to finish up late Friday nite.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Working? I thought you gave that up. The current plan is be in McB Friday night, ride Saturday and a short burst Sunday, haul for home. Probably stay at Lucille Friday night. I'll call when we get in.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Well the plan worked for once. Made Lucille Friday night, nobody else around had the whole damn mountain to ourselves. Rode our a^%$s off, even managed to find our way over to the Dore River at the back side of McBride.

Stopped by Barry and Judy's, arranged to meet at Holmes on Sunday for a "little ride". Right, like 120 km's later we are back at the rig and still had to drive home. Great company, great ride, back to within 5 km's or so of the park at one time. Not for everyone and not a real good weekend trip because of the distance but hey, beats watching TV. Oh yes, the boy's (and girls) who are mud and snorkel fans..... forget it, take off the big rubber, put the stockers back on and RIDE. The pics say it all. The only problem we had all weekend was at Holmes River campsite. Barry neglected to mention that it's "cozy". Like 3 vehicles and it's full. Had a little problem turning the rig around. Challenges.

Attachments

• July 14 2008 019R.jpg
    July 14 2008 019R.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 134
  • July 14 2008 016R.jpg
    July 14 2008 016R.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 140
  • July 14 2008 020R.jpg
    July 14 2008 020R.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 128
  • July 14 2008 023R.jpg
    July 14 2008 023R.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 130

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Yep, stretched out 63 feet long. Bends in the wrong place to for us old truck drivers but sure is nice place for a beer after the ride. I know most places are nice for a brew but the big screen doesn't hurt.

Off to Lac La Biche country next weekend. More mud, less miles.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Oh yes and one more thing, sort of off topic but.... My experiences with aftermarket stuff especially cosmetic has been, well lets say spotty. Big exception. Got the fender extenders for the Renegade and this was the test. Perfect. Fit like a charm, look great, keep all the crud off you. Rode about 20 km in rain down a road and not a spot of mud made it past the plastic. Unless you count the spray off Barry's RZR. Just my thoughts but this is one product that you shouldn't leave home without.

later

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys just need somewhere to get your quads fixed if you break them when your in mcbride.. Sucks that there's no shop there in the summer..

Top Bottom