McBride and Valemount - Sledder numbers down

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy was welding on the tmx last year in mcbride, contractor, said he was getting $300 a day sub, year before was in blue river area, was getting $350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmx isn’t near mcbride and he’s full of ch!t on the sub.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tmx isn’t near mcbride and he’s full of ch!t on the sub.

Well he was staying in mcbride is what I meant, was probably working by vale but they stayed in the cabins just south of mcbride, 3 of the b pressure guys were splitting the cabin, he wasn’t working for ledcor and they were getting paid contractor rates that were negotiated by the company he was contracting through, they sought him out and brought him down from a job by ft mac to near blue river, he stayed there for about a year and then went north a bit the following year. He was getting near that much sub up in mac so they matched it and then sweetened it as they were having issues finding good pipeline welders. He got sick of being so far from home all the time so he’s back up in ft mac this year

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The anticipated in service date for the pipeline according to trans mountain is Q1 of 24, so I would still expect some activity over next winter as well.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our club is down 50%in membership sales and day passes. We're Taking a financial beating with groomer repairs and fuel expenses.
Get the road plowed so trailers can come in it’s the only thing stopping me from riding there

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the road plowed so trailers can come in it’s the only thing stopping me from riding there
Unfortunately no, we don't have the resources to plow almost 30km of road.
Parking at The dogleg lake staging area adds about 10 mins of ride time.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah fine by me if the food is good.
Camps have changed in the past few years due to the workforce demands, I don't know of any that even do Jack and Jill bathroom anymore. Labourer's included. Shitty cooks don't last for long.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camps have changed in the past few years due to the workforce demands, I don't know of any that even do Jack and Jill bathroom anymore. Labourer's included. Shitty cooks don't last for long.
Most of my time in camp has been at a Cenovus camp. They always had good food. Jack and Jill was the norm up until 2020, then they went down to 1/2 occupancy to eliminate that. I'm in a different world of work these days though, so I haven't stayed in camp since late 2021. Never had an issue with camp though, as long as good was good.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of my time in camp has been at a Cenovus camp. They always had good food. Jack and Jill was the norm up until 2020, then they went down to 1/2 occupancy to eliminate that. I'm in a different world of work these days though, so I haven't stayed in camp since late 2021. Never had an issue with camp though, as long as good was good.

I have a buddy who gained over 50 lbs one winter because the food in his camp was so good lol

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are numbers like at other BC destinations? Are they also down? Maybe a sign of the times? I didn’t make it to the mountains this year for the first time in 12. There are many reasons why the stars didn’t align for me but the cost of living is definitely a big one for me. I quit the patch years ago because I wanted to be home and have made a pretty meager wage ever since. With 3 active young girls, and a soaring cost of living, it’s pretty hard to find a bunch of cash to go west with. Sad reality for me but I guess it’s just another sacrifice we make for our children.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are numbers like at other BC destinations? Are they also down? Maybe a sign of the times? I didn’t make it to the mountains this year for the first time in 12. There are many reasons why the stars didn’t align for me but the cost of living is definitely a big one for me. I quit the patch years ago because I wanted to be home and have made a pretty meager wage ever since. With 3 active young girls, and a soaring cost of living, it’s pretty hard to find a bunch of cash to go west with. Sad reality for me but I guess it’s just another sacrifice we make for our children.

Crowfoot was packed in the parking lot when I got down today. Talked to a few guys out of Alberta on the hill today. They did have places in Sicamous, though

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Report from bcsf stated numbers are down everywhere. bcsf loses revenue too when numbers are down.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the TAX Payer is Flipping the BIll for Transmountain!! and guess whos running it SNC Lavalin (can you say Money Laundering). It will cost the Tax payer 20 times more money to build this pipeline than it would have cost the privite sector or pipeline company like Kinder Morgan to build. Just another one of Truedope hundreds of Fxxk UPs

Left in Kinder Morgan’s hands as should have happened, the Trans Mountain pipeline would very likely have been completed 2-3 years ago, on budget and have product flowing through it.

EldestEldo

Reaction score
Left in Kinder Morgan’s hands as should have happened, the Trans Mountain pipeline would very likely have been completed 2-3 years ago, on budget and have product flowing through it.

Kinder Morgan didn't want it, they saw where the delays and costs were going and bailed while they could.

Top Bottom