McBride and Valemount - Sledder numbers down

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, all a perfect storm of things come together. Cost of living, fuel prices, maintenance costs, hotel costs and on and on.

It cost me nearly 2K in fuel for a week trip to Sicamous, between the Cummins and the sleds. Doesn’t help needing Av Gas at $2.40/1000ml.

Then on top of all that when I do get out sledding Ive come to realize I like riding Golden/Revy/Sicamouse more than Blue/Vale/McRide.
Better trail grooming (by a Mile), better choices of restaurants, cheaper accommodations and more choices, Better roads (usually) to get there, and Snow is as good if not better.

Had good times in both thou, and Im sure we’ll Ride there again someday.

Adam 442

Reaction score
We had two trips to Vale this year and I agree prices gave gone up, but so has everything else. Had no trouble getting booked in at the BW both times and the second trip added a room at the last minute. Will be back again next year!

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious as to why you guys don't bring a small travel trailer? Sleds on the deck and a 24' seems like it would work for a couple guys. I assume many of you already own them. I've seen pimped out encloseds with fold down bunks before too.
No place to park? To much hassle?
I do very few overnight sled trips so I don't know.

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hote costs went up with a snap of a finger as soon as the work started, and they are fuller than ever, guaranteed increase just because of demand as these guys are getting $3-400 a day sub so they don’t give a ch!t what price it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ledcor is only paying $200 sub right now and $50 if you choose camp.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That’s not that great if ledcor is not covering the hotel rooms. So is it 250 if a worker chooses camp? Or do you loose the sub?

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I didn't know that. It's totally shut down here.
Because the TAX Payer is Flipping the BIll for Transmountain!! and guess whos running it SNC Lavalin (can you say Money Laundering). It will cost the Tax payer 20 times more money to build this pipeline than it would have cost the privite sector or pipeline company like Kinder Morgan to build. Just another one of Truedope hundreds of Fxxk UPs

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the TAX Payer is Flipping the BIll for Transmountain!! and guess whos running it SNC Lavalin (can you say Money Laundering). It will cost the Tax payer 20 times more money to build this pipeline than it would have cost the privite sector or pipeline company like Kinder Morgan to build. Just another one of Truedope hundreds of Fxxk UPs
And he will get away with it and many more FXXk UPS

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My buddy was welding on the tmx last year in mcbride, contractor, said he was getting $300 a day sub, year before was in blue river area, was getting $350

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200-250 pretty standard sub, ill take camp
And 50 sub all day long so much easier alot less work to lol i never minded a greasy atco trailer

Top Bottom