McBride and Valemount - Sledder numbers down

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
~ $177k decrease in revenue in three months compared to last year between the two communities though, and that's just trail passes. That hurts the clubs for sure

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was my first year in 10+ years not going to vale, or mcbride.Hotel costs were tbe main reason. Vale used to be so much cheaper then revy seems its the same or worse now. We eneded up in sicamous instead only one trip
This year so far tho life seems to be getting to busy. Usually have 2-3 in by now. Cost of living has went up so much people just dont have the money to spend on the rec side. Fuel, sleds, travel have all gotten extremely exspensive will numbers be back up next year? I honestly doubt it. However in sask our trail system is seeing record numbers 3rd year in a row so mb more people are stayin home to sled

Last edited:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured it was getting low in numbers for I have asked at the booth the numbers of people who rode day before. Last saturday at clemina was told 22 sleds friday. The price increase for fuel,hotel, cost of living lot's of people are feeling it and these smaller towns will feel the loss for sure.
I have heard people say about the hotel prices in valemount increased due to demand from the pipeline workers, but did that increase the prices or is it the cost for hotels to run make the increase? The way everything went up in price that homeowners noticied it I imagine the cost for a hotel to operate would of gone up drastically.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our club is down 50%in membership sales and day passes. We're Taking a financial beating with groomer repairs and fuel expenses.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants to ride Revelstoke I guess

H-D

Reaction score
The price of rooms makes a big difference over 4 days, but if there's less traffic it's a good time to ride Vale and support the locals.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard pill to swallow with the perfect storm of circumstances.

The cost of accommodations are more expensive closer to home with local businesses taking advantage of the crews, making accommodations harder to get.
Fact is, local Prices went up when the crews showed up, and the sledders got back burner’ed, question is will they say up when they start to demobilize? Also The logistics of getting a meal or breakfast is also a factor, I have been watching the valemount BW camera, the parking lot is full on that end with crew trucks.

Not worth competing with the pipeline crews, lately Revy is a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured it was getting low in numbers for I have asked at the booth the numbers of people who rode day before. Last saturday at clemina was told 22 sleds friday. The price increase for fuel,hotel, cost of living lot's of people are feeling it and these smaller towns will feel the loss for sure.
I have heard people say about the hotel prices in valemount increased due to demand from the pipeline workers, but did that increase the prices or is it the cost for hotels to run make the increase? The way everything went up in price that homeowners noticied it I imagine the cost for a hotel to operate would of gone up drastically.

Hote costs went up with a snap of a finger as soon as the work started, and they are fuller than ever, guaranteed increase just because of demand as these guys are getting $3-400 a day sub so they don’t give a ch!t what price it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom