March 2011 Conditions

Newgen

Reaction score
Right on.. Stop in at the shop and say hi.

will do. i ended up finding a klim mid-layer in a large in edmonton. but i assume gary& kyle battle and myself will stop in tomorrow or saturday for sure!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Headed out first thing in the morning, hoping for some good fresh pow. Hopefully the sun will come out, forecast not so promising.

Those silly forecasters are NEVER right when it comes to McBride.

Snowed most of last night. Woke up to -7 and about 4" snow on top of the hot tub again. Barry is out doing snow removal this morning. Reports are 9" of fresh snow on the driveways up Mountainview Road. Currently about -2 and the sun has come out. No wind. Beautiful day. Will see what the boys say when they get back from Renshaw today.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do. i ended up finding a klim mid-layer in a large in edmonton. but i assume gary& kyle battle and myself will stop in tomorrow or saturday for sure!

Hey welcome to the site!! That petercar in you sig looks sweet, nice ride man.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those silly forecasters are NEVER right when it comes to McBride.

Snowed most of last night. Woke up to -7 and about 4" snow on top of the hot tub again. Barry is out doing snow removal this morning. Reports are 9" of fresh snow on the driveways up Mountainview Road. Currently about -2 and the sun has come out. No wind. Beautiful day. Will see what the boys say when they get back from Renshaw today

Wed/Thursday snowing and poor visibility in Renshaw. Trail was very good. Whiteout in the Renshaw parking lot when we loaded on Thursday.

Over the hood today in the Anthills. Had it to ourselves most of the day in BLUE SUNNY SKIES!!:d Burned up fuel early and headed home.

Met the groomer at KM 2. Cooler up top so the trail should be good tomorrow.

Sorry no picks from me, left camera at home.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good halfday riding with lots of carnage starting off on the way out with Spence sliding into a guard rail doing 110, and it ended with spence coming down the trailand smoking a tree while thinking about boobies about a km from the trucks. Lots of crashes, faceplants, backflips that didn't workout, rollovers and of course an awesome time riding. Couldn't ask for better snow conditions, or day.
mar122011 045.jpg

mar122011 004.jpg

mar122011 007.jpg

mar122011 013.jpg

mar122011 022.jpg

mar122011 001.jpg

mar122011 033.jpg

mar122011 042.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nice pics Dan! This Spence character is your apprentice logger?
Good halfday riding with lots of carnage starting off on the way out with Spence sliding into a guard rail doing 110, and it ended with spence coming down the trailand smoking a tree while thinking about boobies about a km from the trucks. Lots of crashes, faceplants, backflips that didn't workout, rollovers and of course an awesome time riding. Couldn't ask for better snow conditions, or day.
View attachment 85053

View attachment 85054

View attachment 85055

View attachment 85056

View attachment 85057

View attachment 85058

View attachment 85059

View attachment 85060

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And riding one of my favorite spots too Mongrol you bastage!!! "But keep up the good work Spence", you can have the "GOOD LUCK" for awhile i'm tired of it!! Higgins.

Thanks Higgins for pushing the good luck my way Frickin I made it all of 2kms sat,seized tighter then Spencer's saturday night date G@dd@#n XP's :d

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
renshaw today and it was very good. 2-3 feet in most spots, snowing all day so just played in the trees. was up with Tyler and Richard from Fort Mac.

Attachments

• renshaw March 012.JPG
    renshaw March 012.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 803
  • renshaw March 011.JPG
    renshaw March 011.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 799
  • renshaw March 004.JPG
    renshaw March 004.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 808
  • renshaw March 003.JPG
    renshaw March 003.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 801
  • renshaw March 001.JPG
    renshaw March 001.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 802
  • renshaw March 009.JPG
    renshaw March 009.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 806
  • renshaw March 016.JPG
    renshaw March 016.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 800
  • renshaw March 014.JPG
    renshaw March 014.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks real good BBT!!! Don't tell me you were thinkin' of boobies too Mongrol!!! Unfrickin" believeable the amount of engines i know of that have cratered!!! Sorry to hear. I'm crying not riding, but i'm Snow Checking and will be out in full force next year.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and a huge thanks to Hotrod for lending our guys fuel for the day as the husky was without power in the morning. would not have been riding if not for him.
warm here so the trail is a bit rough and I don't think Rod can groom as it will not do much good. not cold enough at nite to set-up so might have to wait until Thurs. when it is supposed to get a bit colder ar nite. plus 1 at 5:00 this morning.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weekend snow was great but visbility sucked Satuday. First ones up the trail, like crusing down a highway. Made it to the saddle and turned back as I was doubling my daughter. Went to the bottom of the bowl east of the cabin and only saw 6 other sleds. Bell yesterday was better visibility but not good enough to steer me clear of all the trees. Amazing how much a Simons will bend and ALMOST go back to original shape! Need to edit some video, about 2 hours film but no pics. Was deep but a little sticky. Great ride!!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Higgins for pushing the good luck my way Frickin I made it all of 2kms sat,seized tighter then Spencer's saturday night date G@dd@#n XP's :d

I must of got some of that "good luck" Sat morning walking to breakfast slipped on the stairs took the bottom step in the back. Just got back from X-rays 2 broken ribs :rant:(I might have had a few whiskeys in me when we ran into you at the Grizz :beer:) Watch your step it can ruin a weekend fast! And to top it off my sled has never ran better, I finally got the bugs out of it.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well we are getting into spring like conditions at least for the beginning of the week with lots of warm weather, is supposed to start cooling down at the end of the week, but it is the middle of march. Renshaw was groomed last night(mon) for tue morning and Lucille is scheduled to be groomed this evening.

Remember with all the warm and melting to play safe! Have a great week!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we are getting into spring like conditions at least for the beginning of the week with lots of warm weather, is supposed to start cooling down at the end of the week, but it is the middle of march. Renshaw was groomed last night(mon) for tue morning and Lucille is scheduled to be groomed this evening.

Remember with all the warm and melting to play safe! Have a great week!

That makes me very sad!!:(:(

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got reports of it snowin really harf up top. But the tough part fpr groomin is the first part of the trail with it bein warm lately. It is supposed to cool off again in the next day or so.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I'll be up thet way for april 1st and 2nd hope some storm snow roles thru who els will be up there thet weekend ? it will be my 1st time at renshaw would like to have some one to show me around.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinkin that as long as it isn't crazy busy at the shop i might try and make it out for a ride the first weekend of april. Let the big kitty get out and stretch it's legs again.

Top Bottom