mandatory club membership in order to post on snow and mud

Thunder101

Reaction score
If there is a manageable way to do it, I think it is a good idea. Probably easier to administer if there were just a club members section, wouldn't have to have the whole site membership re-register, just those that want to join the club members section. But jbb's beer and babes should definitely go in the club section as well as the yoga pants thread.......

That reminds me there is better $h!t to read on here then,,,,,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds kind of like a cash grab kind of thing to me .....

and there is enough of that kind of thing already

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of mandatory memberships whether it be from the dealer charging it with the purchase of a new sled which would work untill the second year .... the government needs to get involved and start charging for backcountry use with your registration whether it be quad /side x side /sleds and make it a hefty fine if you are caught without it .... snowman out of manitoba charges a lot more for the trail passes and the fines for riding the trail system are fairly steep as well.... out here we have it fairly good with trails passes costing less than a tank of gas for the sled ...
we need to get more young people involved with the local club and keep this great sport going ..... ive been a member of the crowsnow riders ever since i bought my sleds and when we have an event whether it be a wood cutting bee /poker derby/ meetings its always the same people that are there willing to help out .....
why is it the younger generation do not get involved ???
is it because they are used to having someone do everything for them ...
well whats going to happen when all the people that are there to help out now are gone are ya going to sit back and say jeesh maybe we should of done something ....

and the above post is a perfect example figure its crap that it is brought up

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's been bantered around for years. pre internet days you pretty much had to belong to a club or knew of somone or went to your local dealer to see what was going on. Now you can sat at a keyboard and harp, drink beer, eat your nacho's and be a internet sled sensation, just saying.

sounds like maxwell....

sorry, just couldnt resist :beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing with that arff, is that snowmobiles have the lightest environmental footprint of all the activities you mentioned. by getting our foot in the door with snowmobiles, the possibilities of multi use trails is opened up, and that would benefit all OHV enthusiasts. I'm not saying that it should be mandatory on S&M to belong to a club, just that maybe paying club members may have a few extra benefits on the site that may encourage other users to join a club. sorta like a dootalk membership, maybe a decal and t-shirt, and possibly a "members" section where bashing or thread drift are not tolerated.

We sold our sleds years ago. Just quad now. I have no issue in paying a membership and working together to make muti use trails. From what I see it just takes a few OHV enthusiasts who make poor choices to cause a ripple effect that affects everyone.

It's more or a behavioral change that has to take place. How is this accomplished I don't know. Informing and educating all OHV users would be a start.

:twocents:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't think that Snow and mud would be charging anything, just asking for proof of club membership to access certain parts of the site. (at least that's how i'd picture it working).
Not really a cash grab.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You certainly don't want to be driving anyone away, but I do think it is in the sports best interest to make people aware that many people have worked hard to make trails and maintain them. I know of a few arrogant people who don't care and ride anyway. Such is life I guess, peer pressure for the good is a good start. I haven't been in either sport for very long but I do see the benefits for all to join a club and help support it.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't really see how joining a club of some sort can be called a cash grab, it gets filtered back to the trail system. If there's actually 15000 members that joined just one club at a modest $100 per membership that's like $1.5 million a year to go back into out trail system or help keep our areas open and feasible.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belong to 2 clubs and have been heavily involved in both for......well, forever.......but if you tell me I HAVE TO belong to be on this forum I'll be gone faster than you can say goodbye. We still live in a democracy and I'd really rather have members in our clubs that WANT to be there than members that are FORCED to be there.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really see how joining a club of some sort can be called a cash grab, it gets filtered back to the trail system. If there's actually 15000 members that joined just one club at a modest $100 per membership that's like $1.5 million a year to go back into out trail system or help keep our areas open and feasible.

Where i am i dont have any organized trails that i use or club that i belong to. I do how ever make quite a few trips to the hills every year. My group hits most the hot spots (vale, blue, mcbride, crowsnest, revy, sicamous). I dont belong to any of these groups either. I do however pay all trail pass's plus a little when i can. Also try to clean up cabins, parking areas, etc. when possible. So where would this leave an individual such as myself? Just join one of these groups and not be able to attend any meetings due to distance? Maybe this is stupid and im not bitching. Just curious.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the crowsnow riders have members from as far away as manitoba they dont get to any meetings but keep up with club news via emails and make it out for a few club rides
Where i am i dont have any organized trails that i use or club that i belong to. I do how ever make quite a few trips to the hills every year. My group hits most the hot spots (vale, blue, mcbride, crowsnest, revy, sicamous). I dont belong to any of these groups either. I do however pay all trail pass's plus a little when i can. Also try to clean up cabins, parking areas, etc. when possible. So where would this leave an individual such as myself? Just join one of these groups and not be able to attend any meetings due to distance? Maybe this is stupid and im not bitching. Just curious.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just floating ideas by i'm thinkin, i would think if it costs $$$ it may not float, the i want to belong idea may work. if everyone who belongs to a club right now would put it in there sig, it might have some effect. i don't know just an idea. forcing peeps usually has the reverse effect.
what do i know, i did a tour of grade six, a couple/three/ four times.

Reactions: RXN

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the crowsnow riders have members from as far away as manitoba they dont get to any meetings but keep up with club news via emails and make it out for a few club rides

Fair enough. I guess i would just have to rotate my club membership every year as i don't ride one area more than another. Thanks

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard grade six was the best eight years of your life:beer:
just floating ideas by i'm thinkin, i would think if it costs $$$ it may not float, the i want to belong idea may work. if everyone who belongs to a club right now would put it in there sig, it might have some effect. i don't know just an idea. forcing peeps usually has the reverse effect.
what do i know, i did a tour of grade six, a couple/three/ four times.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get magazine subscription with my gun club membership. Also get one with my BCSF membership.
Couldn't be too hard to have it include a S&M members section subscription.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay here is a either a dumb question or a thought ... could the asa or any snowmobile association have ties with magazines that could put a mail card in so peeps could send away for the trail passes
I get magazine subscription with my gun club membership. Also get one with my BCSF membership.
Couldn't be too hard to have it include a S&M members section subscription.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay my membership, (Tri-County Snowmobile Club), however I am very guilty of not attending meetings or doing much to be involved with the club. I do help out at the odd event. The Toy Ride and Gyn cana events. But it's been a couple years since I've helped trail clean, or even sat in for a meeting. It seems like my free time is getting shorter and shorter and my time consuming hobbies are growing more and more. I alway felt that our registration fees from licensing our toys should be split up evenly amongst all clubs in the province. But thats just my opinion and I know it'd never be that easy to do.

But like I stated at the top of my post, I got no problems paying. Maybe when I retire (in 30yrs) i could do more.

Top Bottom