mandatory club membership in order to post on snow and mud

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was kinda thinking over the last few days,weeks, months, and years, about the local sled clubs that are finding increasingly hard to get people on board to carry the clubs forward, and even getting involved at directors levels. So i thought since sites like have technically become virtual clubs per say, with some members voicing there concerns postively and negatively. It would be a great idea if Ron could work it, is that you had to join a local club or club at a area you ride at, the club you belong to was in your profile and position held ( member or excutive) before you can post, complain, bitch, commend or thank on-line. I believe it would unite all sledders wherever your home base is to keep the sport going, cause you're going to need local clubs or it's going to be soon a virtual club, with virtual dealers, in virtual areas, with virtual riders on wei! Any thoughts?

Attachments

• flamesuit.jpg
    flamesuit.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 564

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was kinda thinking over the last few days,weeks, months, and years, about the local sled clubs that are finding increasingly hard to get people on board to carry the clubs forward, and even getting involved at directors levels. So i thought since sites like have technically become virtual clubs per say, with some members voicing there concerns postively and negatively. It would be a great idea if Ron could work it, is that you had to join a local club or club at a area you ride at, the club you belong to was in your profile and position held ( member or excutive) before you can post, complain, bitch, commend or thank on-line. I believe it would unite all sledders wherever your home base is to keep the sport going, cause you're going to need local clubs or it's going to be soon a virtual club, with virtual dealers, in virtual areas, with virtual riders on wei! Any thoughts?

may have better luck with a recognition mark of somesort, peer presure works.

see very few club memberships listed in the bottom of anyones id. could be a good way fo getting more to join.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would be good way to increase membership for sure. Hard to enforce. I like Larrys comment of a icon on your profile. You can do this already. I`ll change mine

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be good way to increase membership for sure. Hard to enforce. I like Larrys comment of a icon on your profile. You can do this already. I`ll change mine

good god ric, quit agreeing with me, i can't change that qulck yer making me nervious, i have a reputation to uphold.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you really want to pay just go use snowest.
why give it to snowest? why not somewhere that benefits all of us that enjoy the sport....like your local snowmobile club? it's not only about groomed trails, with greater numbers we have a voice that cannot be ignored over issues such as land use as well as helping to change local laws and bylaws for our benefit. Imagine if the 20,000 plus members on S&M were club supporters? one can only dream

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinkin he may just be throwing ideas out there. looking for feedback not beochin.

Club imcrackadooin ...That cracks me up. Larry will be the leader and everyone will be lost...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why give it to snowest? why not somewhere that benefits all of us that enjoy the sport....like your local snowmobile club? it's not only about groomed trails, with greater numbers we have a voice that cannot be ignored over issues such as land use as well as helping to change local laws and bylaws for our benefit. Imagine if the 20,000 plus members on S&M were club supporters? one can only dream

Out of the 20,000 plus members it would be interesting to see the sledder ,quad, sxs and dirt bike riders. Also some members may not even ride.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of the 20,000 plus members it would be interesting to see the sledder ,quad, sxs and dirt bike riders. Also some members may not even ride.
the thing with that arff, is that snowmobiles have the lightest environmental footprint of all the activities you mentioned. by getting our foot in the door with snowmobiles, the possibilities of multi use trails is opened up, and that would benefit all OHV enthusiasts. I'm not saying that it should be mandatory on S&M to belong to a club, just that maybe paying club members may have a few extra benefits on the site that may encourage other users to join a club. sorta like a dootalk membership, maybe a decal and t-shirt, and possibly a "members" section where bashing or thread drift are not tolerated.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing with that arff, is that snowmobiles have the lightest environmental footprint of all the activities you mentioned. by getting our foot in the door with snowmobiles, the possibilities of multi use trails is opened up, and that would benefit all OHV enthusiasts. I'm not saying that it should be mandatory on S&M to belong to a club, just that maybe paying club members may have a few extra benefits on the site that may encourage other users to join a club. sorta like a dootalk membership, maybe a decal and t-shirt, and possibly a "members" section where bashing or thread drift are not tolerated.

what, that leaves me no where, thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like i'm always in the toilet.

a club member posting would work, costs nothing( i like) looks good and also promotes club recognition. may also get some much needed club participation.

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said with every new sled sold you get a free membership. Easy for every dealer to add a 100 bucks onto the price of the sled. Probably be suprised how many ppl may pay to join the following yr.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said with every new sled sold you get a free membership. Easy for every dealer to add a 100 bucks onto the price of the sled. Probably be suprised how many ppl may pay to join the following yr.

that's been bantered around for years. pre internet days you pretty much had to belong to a club or knew of somone or went to your local dealer to see what was going on. Now you can sat at a keyboard and harp, drink beer, eat your nacho's and be a internet sled sensation, just saying.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We floated this idea past our local dealers a few years ago. There was ZERO interest at that time. Don't know why. just saying.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is a manageable way to do it, I think it is a good idea. Probably easier to administer if there were just a club members section, wouldn't have to have the whole site membership re-register, just those that want to join the club members section. But jbb's beer and babes should definitely go in the club section as well as the yoga pants thread.......

Top Bottom