Mammut Pulse beacon question

Brojoe

Reaction score
I have an older Mammut pulse beacon. Lately I have found that I need to replace batteries after every single ride. It can go from 100% in the morning down to 80% by end of day. It never used to do this, nor does it do this to my riding partners.
Is it a simple program fix or should it be replaced? I purchased new in 2009-2010.
Thanks

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older Mammut pulse beacon. Lately I have found that I need to replace batteries after every single ride. It can go from 100% in the morning down to 80% by end of day. It never used to do this, nor does it do this to my riding partners.
Is it a simple program fix or should it be replaced? I purchased new in 2009-2010.
Thanks
I have an old one to,11-12? Plus a bca. Both of them last the season on a set of battery’s. In fact I am only using the one and replace batteries every year but the other has had same batteries for multiple seasons and is still fine.
something is draining them, thinking it’s not reliable and should be replaced...keep as a backup perhaps.

kfrey

Reaction score
Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden is the service dealer. I'd get it checked out.

Brojoe

Reaction score
I will look at a new one here and ship the old one out for repairs.
Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have sent my Pulse to Golden for updates and was pleased with their service. Mine is also an older one and I use two cycles of batteries per year sledding 60 days per year. There is something not right with yours when you are replacing batteries that often.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sent my Pulse to Golden for updates and was pleased with their service. Mine is also an older one and I use two cycles of batteries per year sledding 60 days per year. There is something not right with yours when you are replacing batteries that often.

x2 - the guys @ Avalanche Safety in Golden are great. Stopped in there one morning last year & they did all software updates & tested mine.
My battery life usually drops about 5% per day (plain old boring duracell batteries from Costco).

Top Bottom