M8 Turbo Owners - advice required

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between Cutler, Twisted and Boondocker for a turbo kit for my 2009 M8. The kit will be used in the mountains and in prairies at 1800ft. I do not intend to go above pump gas levels.

I'm looking for some opinions on how well these kits run from actual owners of any of these kits.

Most of the threads I see on this say "This is the best turbo or that", but they don't state that they actually own one of these kits, or say how many miles they have put on the kit and what problems they have had.

Thanks!

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between Cutler, Twisted and Boondocker for a turbo kit for my 2009 M8. The kit will be used in the mountains and in prairies at 1800ft. I do not intend to go above pump gas levels.

I'm looking for some opinions on how well these kits run from actual owners of any of these kits.

Most of the threads I see on this say "This is the best turbo or that", but they don't state that they actually own one of these kits, or say how many miles they have put on the kit and what problems they have had.

Thanks!

i do not "own" a turbo but have plenty of miles on a few and good friends with a cat master tech who installs Cutler Turbo's. that being said....toss a coin. none of them are superior. thats just the honest truth. they have ALL come a LONG way, especially boondocker. i have more experience with CPC by far, than the others, but have seen them run. One thing about Cutler is the cleanliness of the install. nice and clean under the hood.

one thing that should be of huge consideration is local help. who sells/services what in your area and what reputation they have. if you have never had a turbo and arent well verse in them...it can be overwhelming and frustrating. seen it too many times. guy wants to be the "turbo" guy only going into it knowing nothing and regretting it. nice to have help along the way and not just the internet. but if ya know your stuff and can tune/install/repair it all yourself.....fack tha world!!! haha

good luck.

Brojoe

Reaction score
I currently have a 2011 m8 with a boon docker pump gas and it is great. Pull and go without a hitch. Previous I had a 2010 m8 with the cutler stage 2 pump/race gas kit, and all I did was tune. It never really ran good for me. I recommend boon docker because there is a good chance someone will have one on the hill if you have issues and need advice.

orange stealth

Reaction score
I've had my pg Boondocker kit for a couple seasons now and it's a pull and go sled for sure. No issues at all. And for those that say that cpc is clean, it's more of a clean cluster. That's just my opinion.

Tapatalk, best app ever!!!!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your name Brody by chance? the welder?
I currently have a 2011 m8 with a boon docker pump gas and it is great. Pull and go without a hitch. Previous I had a 2010 m8 with the cutler stage 2 pump/race gas kit, and all I did was tune. It never really ran good for me. I recommend boon docker because there is a good chance someone will have one on the hill if you have issues and need advice.

Top Bottom