M1100 turbo Speedwerx multimap vs. Boondocker Hi-jacker

Sledneck55

Reaction score
I'm kinda stuck between these two ecu plug in/ remap systems. My dealer is okay to work with me with it on my sled so i can keep warranty but he said that if anything went wrong and Arctic Cat wanted to see the ecu they would void my warranty. It's kinda hard to throw away 7 years warranty on my machine but although i am craving extra power! from what the dealer told me was that the boondocker system is harder to trace as it is a plug and play while the speedwerx isnt. The speedwerx just seems like a better all around system for what I would want though.

I am just curious to hear if anyone is running these at all and what you likr about them. Also what you prefer?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The WKM guys will have the Evolution Powersports dude at their booth reflashing boxes at the Edmonton sled show. Might be a good place to find out what the deal is on warranty issues.

ned

Reaction score
you most likely wont have warranty either way you go. when there is an engine issue on the 4 stroke ac will ask the tech to plug in the laptop to sled and do a print off. if any of the specs are way off(like max rpm or boost pressure) then they know it has been messed with and will void warranty.the ecm on these sleds record everything from engine temps at certain rpms to even how many times it was put into reverse or if the det sensor has gone off multiple times.

Sledneck55

Reaction score
thanks for the replys and the info! This may seem like a really stupid question but would it be possible to buy a second ecu and put the factory computer back in for warranty? I know that it will probably raise questions and not being able to trend anything when a problem may have occured obviously.

WKR

Reaction score
thanks for the replys and the info! This may seem like a really stupid question but would it be possible to buy a second ecu and put the factory computer back in for warranty? I know that it will probably raise questions and not being able to trend anything when a problem may have occured obviously.
if cat asks for ecu back and the digital serial number does not match the chassie vin warranty will be voided, the logic in the ecu is second to none. if your miss using the extra horse power gained from piggy back systems or reflashes you willget stung. that being said. this 1100 motor is a very bullit proof motor and if your using the sled in the right capicity it will remain reliable and motor warranty will not be an issue. cat is not going to ask for the dcu back unless the warranty claim is serious. plus the extended warranty carriers are pretty loose and cover most everything. your dealer should be able to work around most things, unless you grenade the bottom end.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score

Yeah u could buy a new ecu for it....to the tune of about $2000. Not worth it.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Hopefully whoever you talked to about the speedwerx and bd 2.0 told you the stock turbo is the limiting factor at 5000+. Around 215hp is all you can expect with any flash or piggyback system at elevation. Evolution is the only company to have turbo kits out to go past that for power at elevation.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Hopefully whoever you talked to about the speedwerx and bd 2.0 told you the stock turbo is the limiting factor at 5000+. Around 215hp is all you can expect with any flash or piggyback system at elevation. Evolution is the only company to have turbo kits out to go past that for power at elevation.

Just send it to Neil, tell him how much HP you want and give him your credit card!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the Hijacker 2.0 and waste of money. Had a dealer plug it in so it was done correctly and ran it at 215 hp at first and was nothing but a dog. Luckily you can unplug it on the hill (which is what i did) and stock was best! Oh and white knuckle is correct a good dealer can work around anything to get you your warranty and keep the client happy and coming back for more!

Top Bottom