Warranty denied because of aftermarket can.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that, was waiting to talk to them until I heard about the warranty claim. Guess I better phone them before someone else jumps on it. Even if my engine turns out to only need a piston and cylinder repair I should be able to recover most of the cost from selling it on.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a complete 2014 800 stock motor for 1700 was going to big bore, but went to a turbo and have now sold the sled.

**sj**

Reaction score
warranty can be had with "goodwill" from the manufacturer if there is good reason and just cause..good luck..

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Go get your sled put stock can back on and take it to a different dealer. Or do the right thing and pay the bill. New top end with dealer doing it 1200 and that was on my m1000. Doing it your self 400 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun with that after a claim has already been rejected. Aftermarket warranty companys will ALWAYS look for a way out. And an aftermarket can is a sure fire way for them to say beat it. Read the fine print.... Its been modified. SUCKS.... But you dont have a leg to stand on.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Have fun with that after a claim has already been rejected. Aftermarket warranty companys will ALWAYS look for a way out. And an aftermarket can is a sure fire way for them to say beat it. Read the fine print.... Its been modified. SUCKS.... But you dont have a leg to stand on.
It's not just aftermarket warranty companies either. I've heard that BRP is always looking for a way out also. Heard that MANY times. Especially on ATV'S. "Oh. You had your XMR in the mud over the footwells? Warranty void!" Then why the hell did YOU (BRP) put snorkels on it at the factory?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Reminds of when I worked at a BRP dealership..... Guy called me from the middle of Shuswap lake, that he run his Seadoo boat out of oil and it shut down. He said that another boat came by and the guy happened to have a jug of snowmobile oil that he ran is his little kicker. He asked me if it was safe to run snowmobile oil in his Seadoo boat. I told him specifically "Well, ANY 2 stroke oil is better than NO oil. But, I highly recommend you have it towed to shore and looked at."
2 days later he came storming into the store flipping his lid saying that I destroyed his motor. He dumped the sled oil in and tried to drive it to shore. after already running it out of oil. He was yelling, screaming and swearing at me, right at the counter that I blew up his motor..... :rolleyes:

and No, I didn't work at H2O lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds of when I worked at a BRP dealership..... Guy called me from the middle of Shuswap lake, that he run his Seadoo boat out of oil and it shut down. He said that another boat came by and the guy happened to have a jug of snowmobile oil that he ran is his little kicker. He asked me if it was safe to run snowmobile oil in his Seadoo boat. I told him specifically "Well, ANY 2 stroke oil is better than NO oil. But, I highly recommend you have it towed to shore and looked at."
2 days later he came storming into the store flipping his lid saying that I destroyed his motor. He dumped the sled oil in and tried to drive it to shore. after already running it out of oil. He was yelling, screaming and swearing at me, right at the counter that I blew up his motor..... :rolleyes:

and No, I didn't work at H2O lol
sooo RTR then? lol

Top Bottom