M1000 Fox Float Setup

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Anyone know the recommended air pressure volumes for the front & rear Fox air shocks on an M1000? Also where the coil spring should be set at (combination climbing & trail riding).

m8cat

Reaction score
Front around 65psi rear around 125 t0 140 depending on your weight and riding style. The coil spring from factory has 1/4 inch preload or so but you can tighten it up a little bit 1-2 turns. Remember that air pressure should be set with no load on suspension and at riding temperature.. Hope this helps

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huge Help, I was wondering this as well, THANK YOU :)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Front around 65psi rear around 125 t0 140 depending on your weight and riding style. The coil spring from factory has 1/4 inch preload or so but you can tighten it up a little bit 1-2 turns. Remember that air pressure should be set with no load on suspension and at riding temperature.. Hope this helps

what he said ^^^^^^^ same on my M8,,, get the weight off the front and set around 60-70psi for me and the rear I perfered a tad stiffer at 140 again with the weight off the sled,, Im not a big guy...

but its a good idea to play with it a bit, its all preference aqnd sometimes conditions vary

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys have not scraped those shocks......couple guys I know went back
to the spring style and are a lot happier. I like mine and would not of payed
extra for the sno pro. White hood is pretty cool though. just my 2 cents.
I run 110 in rear and I find it trenches less than when I ran 140.

m8cat

Reaction score
I'm with you Storch, I have the springs on mine as well but set up a lot of buddies sleds with the sno-pro set-up to start with and it seems to work. I like the available set-ups with the springs as well, but like you said you have to play with it lots to find out what works for you. Hope your healing up well after your little mishap...:beer:

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 80 in the front and 140 in the rear and I am 230lbs seems to be right on the button for my weight. I havent touched the front spring yet but I think I will play with that one on the hill and see what kindad difference that makes.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I tried out my setup in the mountains and it worked excelent! Spring riding conditions tho so I dont have a good grasp on the trenching storch speaks of but all in all the sled worked perfect for climbing, jumping and the trails!!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your gonna wanna run about 75-90 psi depending on riding style. I like the higher psi easier to boondock in the powder.

Top Bottom