Who knows this shock? FLOAT 2XV

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of these Float 2XV shocks that I can swap, but I really don't know anything about it. Before you say "Google" - I've spent considerable time looking and there is pretty much nothing on them. Lots of info on the EVOL, but not the 2XV which was the predecessor to the EVOL basically.

Here's my question - is the Extra Volume chamber separate in terms of air control? What I'm asking is when you thread the canister onto the shock valve, do you leave the valve stem in, pump up the shock main chamber and then screw on the canister, and then pump up the canister (like the dual chamber pressure design of the EVOL)? Or do you remove the valve stem on the shock, screw on the canister and then just pump up the canister and it does all the air control? Anybody have any numbers that you would run them at? it will be rear suspension rear arm shock. I can take it apart and play with it, I just thought I'd ask the knowledgable Yamaha gurus here first.

8HR-47480-01.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know forsure, but looks like the same thing as the EVOL.

What does EVOL stand for any ways?
Extra Volume probably.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know forsure, but looks like the same thing as the EVOL.

What does EVOL stand for any ways?
Extra Volume probably.
Thanks guys. Hoping some guru would chime in and just tell me exactly what to do.

Yes the EVOL was the extra volume. This was also the Float 2 "XV" was also extra volume. This was the predecessor to the Float EVOL. The EVOL has 2 separate valves - 1 for the main body and 1 for the extra volume canister. On the EVOL you fill the main chamber and then fill the secondary chamber which asissts the pressure in the first chamber during bottoming (so the rising rate is slower and the extra volume just acts like a bigger spring would). The 2 XV only has 1 valve on the bottom of the XV chamber so I'm assuming you fill the main shock and then screw on the canister and something on the canister projects into the stem and opens the main chamber, or you take the valve stem out of the main stem and just fill the XV canister. I'll have to go look at it, easiest way will be to start bleeding it down and see if the shock starts collapsing.

Top Bottom