M1000 broken motor mounts

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Today I spent several hours fixing my tunnel that cracked below my steering post and it is now awesome but I noticed that all of my motor mounts are cracking and my dealer cannot get them individually. Anyone have some suggestions as to a place I can buy them, I want to fix it soon because the belts wont stand up for long with the extra movement. I do not want to put the solid mounts on as I have seen the results on the bulkheads cracking because of them. Someone has to build better ones than the factory, what do you guys suggest?

blackie205

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
u can get them separate just your dealer doesnt know or is lying to u here is part number just call and order them 0608-404 this is 60 duro mount not solid crappy one trust me i know i tried all of them this is best hands down also u can heat up around old one with torch and pound out i use socket thats same size or another old mount against it,also i use locktight red when re installing just take note of old one before u puch it out depth and such ,change every mount at the same time also if i were u i would add extra mounts brent linderman in edmonton makes a great one its about 100 bucks just make sure when u add it to make a plate on outside as it bolts threw a weak spot in bulkhead i used a 2 by 2 inch piece of alum just to dist the vibration,i also added a torque stoper under the oil bottle 0608-396,0608-394,then u need 3/8 bolt and nut to finish it off cost is 35 bucks,then i add a extra mount under motor same as the front lower one part number 0608-549,0608-548 both together will make extra mount i will tryto find pic of this mount,then to go the extra mile i sug building a torque arm/or bracket that goes from main plate behind clutch up to bulkhead most guys use stering arm cause the 2 ends r adjustable this will save u tons of cash and get all that power to the ground and if u dont want to do it bring it to me but i am 6 hrs from u email me if u r intrested or if u need more info

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Put a green dot one on the upper mag side. Then look at the dot color on the other mounts and change them to what they are.If you put all 60 duro in on the pto side you may crack your bulk head......there are 2 softer ones(think 45 duro) in there and one harder one think 60 duro.Mine have color dots on them yours should.Part numbers for all them.

Search it on snow and mud and snow west lots of posts on it.

yellow dot 45 duro( rubber stiffness) from 2005 m7. 60 duro green dot (higher duro meaning stiffer mount)
0608-405 (50 duro)
0608-404 (60 duro)
0608-406 (40 duro)
0608-364 (45 duro)

Last edited:

blackie205

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yes sorry all clutch side mounts use 45 duro the other 2 on the other side use 60 duro these were upgraded in 09-11 to green dot and on extra mount under motor 60 duro and linderman mount 45 duro but like i say make a torque bracket this is key for 1000 belt life and gettn power to snow

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Wow thanks guys, I will be ordering those up today as well as calling Linderman. I will post results wehn she is all fixed up, should be a like a new sled again!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I spent several hours fixing my tunnel that cracked below my steering post and it is now awesome but I noticed that all of my motor mounts are cracking.....

Hey Catman10...I just discovered why my steering post was loose on the way back from the last ride. I have the same problem as you had with the tunnel/bulkhead cracking beneath the steering post. Looks like some of the rivets came loose and the part that extends from the bulkhead is cracked. Do you have any pictures of your fix? did you have to pull the motor?

Last edited:
Top Bottom