lust over other makes of quad?

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been dreaming about a 500 king quad!! But don't tell my Honda that!
Independent suspension would be really nice :D

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to fantasize about having a can am when I rode my king quad bit wouldn't tell anyone about it till I bought my outlander and it is an all out awesome quad it loves pulling brute forces and thundercats home every ride.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i lust more on the parts side of things.

things like

Wet Clutch Deletes
and
Turbos
porting my head

otherwise not so much really over other atvs although i am partial to the mudpro 1000/xmr 800 if i had to pick my if my bike was stolen id get this that would be on my want lists.

i have the Wet Clutch Delete on my 05 bf750 and to be honest i didnt know why i didnt have it, is it worth saving belts to not have it?? also i raced my buddy this weekend on his new 2010 bf750 stock and mine being 05 with full muzzy, dynatek, clutched, 2"HL lift, and wheel spacers, but i just slaughtered him from the start by about 4 quad lengths but then he got me on top end and passed, u think if i did a secondary spring i would gain my top speed back and put him in his place??:beer:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be anything from tire size to clutch kit man.

you usually lose top end with clutch kits to begin with.

you ever actually take the bike and tune it? mods aren't always so simple as a bolt on and go.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the Wet Clutch Delete on my 05 bf750 and to be honest i didnt know why i didnt have it, is it worth saving belts to not have it?? also i raced my buddy this weekend on his new 2010 bf750 stock and mine being 05 with full muzzy, dynatek, clutched, 2"HL lift, and wheel spacers, but i just slaughtered him from the start by about 4 quad lengths but then he got me on top end and passed, u think if i did a secondary spring i would gain my top speed back and put him in his place??:beer:

do brutes have a wet clutch? are ya sure ? cause they arn't like a yami..
and they have a wet clutch..

i'd say brutes have a cvt clutch [ dry belt - clutchs and sheaves ]

skidoo's arn't a wet set up so how is a brute???????????

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was trying to figure that out myself, My Brute has nothing wet in the clutch, unless it is under water.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok my bad wrong info sry fellas, i dont have a rear brak or engine brakeing, and as for strapping the mods on it was done when i bought the machine and had a 1000 put into it before i ever rode it so i asumed it was ok, but i do notice that about 1/2 3/4 throttle it runs rough but when i go past that its nothing but raw power so i figure maybe sumthing needs to be tuned abit,

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok my bad wrong info sry fellas, i dont have a rear brak or engine brakeing, and as for strapping the mods on it was done when i bought the machine and had a 1000 put into it before i ever rode it so i asumed it was ok, but i do notice that about 1/2 3/4 throttle it runs rough but when i go past that its nothing but raw power so i figure maybe sumthing needs to be tuned abit,
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: ...killin' a perfectly good useless thread with technical questions....

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

actually i didn't even think about it being a brute lol. yea brutes are slip and grip far as i remember.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some dream about getting a 500 Renegade to rip around on but after pulling the engine out of a 400 Outty today and spending half of the time running back and forth to my tool box because I need to use every single tool I own and some I didn't have (15mm...seriously who uses that?) to do the job, forget it. I'll be sticking with Yamaha or Honda where every bolt doesnt have a nut on the other end of it and you can take half the machine apart with 8, 10, and 14mm wrenches...ONE each.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the power and sound of the reny and outty. Would consider an outty if I was to buy right now. But still not a big fan of mr. visco, I want it on or off.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking into that but just based on the number of belts my friends Renegade 800 goes through, I'm a little hesitant. I'm not sure about the whole "belt grabber" idea.

Yea can let you know more as put some good miles on it, know few guys with them and have no belt problems and bikes aren't stock. Belts cheaper then a new wet clutch especially one that doesn't hold the power.

GANK

Reaction score
the arctic cat 700 with powersteering in the deep blue will have a place in my heart but the canam xmr might be my next buy if I can afford it. If not i'll get another cat

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my XP, just about the perfect quad for me, plenty of power and top notch clutching, its hard to slip the belt in it.

The only thing I really am not a fan of is the weight and the CVT exhaust vent location on the 2011's.

One of those can be fixed with snorkels though.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono:Well anytime you want to play with this piano let me know. :)

Wow, bold statement considering any Griz I've been around needs very serious mods to even come close to competing with a stock Outlander or Poo 850. If you really believe what you're saying, your machine is far, far from stock.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some dream about getting a 500 Renegade to rip around on but after pulling the engine out of a 400 Outty today and spending half of the time running back and forth to my tool box because I need to use every single tool I own and some I didn't have (15mm...seriously who uses that?) to do the job, forget it. I'll be sticking with Yamaha or Honda where every bolt doesnt have a nut on the other end of it and you can take half the machine apart with 8, 10, and 14mm wrenches...ONE each.

15 mm wrenches are common as dirt, but if you're willing to live with a lesser machine just over the size of a wrench, that's your decision (as silly as it might be :d). On another note, do you know any of the McAvanys in Chetwynd ?

Top Bottom