lust over other makes of quad?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a lust for the 850 so I bought one best decision i have ever made.
Other than that I like the rene but to useless for my kind of riding plus i not much of a can am fan and much of a fan of the visco lok front diffs.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after seeing pics of the 2012 brute lifted and lawed that is now wut i want next, still no lust for a can am and have driven many maybe a poo 850

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a lust for the 850 so I bought one best decision i have ever made.
Other than that I like the rene but to useless for my kind of riding plus i not much of a can am fan and much of a fan of the visco lok front diffs.

My thoughts exactly, which is why I too bought an 850.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after seeing pics of the 2012 brute lifted and lawed that is now wut i want next, still no lust for a can am and have driven many maybe a poo 850

I know what you mean! I was seriously considering switching rides until I saw the new Brute! The thing is a beast! Decided to rebuild mine keep it for a year or two then go for the EPS and start from scratch

H2O

Reaction score
I would have to say.... I would like to try a 2012 brute. They have made some nice changes that I like.
Anyone know how much more power does the 2012 have vs 2011?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say.... I would like to try a 2012 brute. They have made some nice changes that I like.
Anyone know how much more power does the 2012 have vs 2011?
according to the videos and races on you tube and Kawieriders there isn't much difference. Maybe a 1/2 a quad length in most races. Not to mention the 2012's are ugly as shat now!!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, after reading 4 pages, everyone sort of has there own thoughts on what they mite buy or have..

First of all, we all want to generally have the " best " quad, so to speak. thats why most of us do a mod or two. then there are the insane (lol) that do lots of mods and chase power, like me... we are insane and this is a deasease
is wildly spread among us humans....

so if we take a close look at what we spend our hard money on, here are some facts that i consider money well spent...

1. with a can-am you have the MOST POWERFUL motor on the market. No other stock machine can claim this... to me thats worth my money.

2. with the upper models you now get the BEST Stock Suspension on the market.... KYB Piggy back Shocks with Ride height, low and high speed compression settings and rebound adjustments...shocks in the aftermarket form of these are worth between 2000 to 3000 dollars a set...Why would'nt you want the best suspension that is availible for your money? i would!
Unless you have ridden superior suspension, don't knock it. its one of the best mods you can do for performance cornering and handling.

3. You have a TTI arms in the back that keep the tires riding in a proper vertical line. For handling this is the best type of IRS you can get.. Proven by many, many professionals that race.

4. you now get the QE visco lock which is jst as good as polarises 4 x 4 on demand...if you look at all the mud racing in the U.S. the machine that takes 98 % of the pouidums is Can-am in ameture and pro classes.domination has been there for 4 years now...

5. In GNCC racing ( grand national cross country) which is the premier 4 x 4 quad classes can-am doninates there too for the last 4 years also.

6. The geometry of the frame on a can-am is handling and performance specific.. no other machine has a race bread geometry from the factory.

7. Upper Machines in can-am line come with a true bead lock wheel and if you want a indestructable wheel that will never debead again then get a beadlock. You can also now change tires by yourself too. Best type of wheel on the market. period.

i work hard for my money, why would'nt i want to spend it on the best possible, imo..

so these are 7 reasons why i would think that i spent my money in the right place..... here is a vid that a bud took. he has his wife on the back (belief me it would'nt have mattered if there was no one on the machine) and we raced. Then i raced other can-am's in my group and the same results.. remember most these machines are not stock either.. they have pipes and other things done to them...

As you watch the race consider that the losing machine has his trottle wide open. it looks like he is standing still... now im not hating on his machine either.. this is a good gauge to see what can be done with the most powerful motor to date and im mild. there are guys that are pushing close to 100 rwhp on there 800's. i have only a mild 64 RWHP> lol. i pull strong right to my rev limit of 8600 and am still making 50 rwhp at 87 0r 140 kph.

so i am not hating on other machines, i am just giving facts on what is out there for your hard earned money. i used to own popo's for many years, still love them. also love the brutes... but man, how can you argue with what i pointed out about brp.

http://youtu.be/6ie42PAwkLo[/URL] oh my God! i can't get the vid to show here.. i put in an insert but on this site i have never put a link to utube so it came up like this.. how do i fix this? LOL.how do i get it so you can press on it and it takes you to the vid?????? thanks for the help in advance. if you need the actually site to help me, go to utube and type in "spyd980 " and scroll down to vid that says mark's modded big power renegade video. thats the one i tryed to put here..

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are people out there that actually value things higher than Rear Wheel HP.

I mean I love RWHP but i also value the reliablity of a Single CYl Machine when swamped.

nothing can be fixed / restarted faster than a single CYL machine i dont care what you say.

funny thing is people have been getting 75RWHP out of 660 Rhinos with just top end work in the states i say that just to show the head room Yammy is missing from their single cyl machines. with 686 + Headwork/ FRC carb and obv intake / exhaust work.

also keeping in mind not everyone rides WOT 100% of the time.

some people prefer ground clearance a true Dif locking system ect.

all of which can - am im sorry sucks balls at.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you need help.

edit:

and btw I've been with riding partners that have swamped twins. and tbh i wish Alberta had a law that you could pack a side arm so i could shoot myself in the head when it happens.

every time its happened has been a record as the longest night of my life.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are people out there that actually value things higher than Rear Wheel HP.

I mean I love RWHP but i also value the reliablity of a Single CYl Machine when swamped.

nothing can be fixed / restarted faster than a single CYL machine i dont care what you say.

funny thing is people have been getting 75RWHP out of 660 Rhinos with just top end work in the states i say that just to show the head room Yammy is missing from their single cyl machines. with 686 + Headwork/ FRC carb and obv intake / exhaust work.

also keeping in mind not everyone rides WOT 100% of the time.

some people prefer ground clearance a true Dif locking system ect.

all of which can - am im sorry sucks balls at.
Come on Leonard, oh my really? just top end work? 75 hp ? i really doubt it. there is no way. thats over 100 engine hp in a 660 with just head work... you mite fool some, but not me... i have been around dyno's all my life and have spent many hrs on one. i would like to see a dyno sheet on what you claim.

also i don't ride full trottle either but put a 100 dallar bill at the end of the techincal course and come see me... will see who gets there first..... its called accelleration, not top end.

i mean, i guess your into mud more than cross country riding, so be it.. its all fun... but hummm lets see, i have been down at these pro events and belief me, all the amature mud guys up here have no hope in hell with the machines that they have down there....

there are over a dozen different classes of mud racing in the US and do you think that people who have other machines don't have a competitive nature.. they will stive to make there machines the best in the class.. just like you have strived to make yours a badass machine, but come up short on the can-am's over and over again. they have all tryed but all failed. again not hatin...just telling the truth.

can-am has dominated (check it out if you don't belief me) for 4 years top 3 on the poudium just about 100% of the time. that tells me the new QE visco is better than a locker any time... argue all you want.... go tell this to the pro teams in the us what you said here and they will laugh at you... a locker will never be better in a mud race.

ground clearance? yes if you want to bury your machine, it helps a bit till your bottom hangs up and then your done too. how many times have i seen machines with 25's and 26 's go thru the same stuff that machines with 28's and 29's go thru. but in general the machine with big tires usually gets thru better, thats a given...

what does the realiability have to do with anything here? i don't think about that cause it will probably not even happen? i don't
think i am going to buy a machine on the single cyl. reliablity issue. lthe probibility that it mite happen are slim or none, so not a good arguerment for being any better.. i love good converstation but we need facts not what we think is right..

sucks balls at? humm.. interesting... if you are so sure, you know what you got to do, come on down with that 686, i ll be waitin! all in fun of course. i love a good match. you have no idea what kind of machines i have gauged mine against. so maybe you will be just one more in the equation.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If can-am didn't have the the renegay they wouldn't be domination the mud pits so bad.
But most people didn't buy there machine for mud racing. I bought a my sportsman cause i needed a machine with power, something i can tow and haul with, good ride, and I am as loyal to Polaris as kwik racing is to can-am.

Now end the pissing match and back on topic.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets all get real. stock Can-ams dont dominate.. Can-am is plucking smart and dont get me wrong i like the can-ams .. but they partnered with gorila axel for god sakes. and you wonder why they rape everyone.

last year a Grizzly 600 won many races this year the same feller is riding a Can-am and wining. its always the rider and who sponsors him.

don't get me wrong the HP of the can-ams is incredible. and most of the sand dunner mods cant be aplyed to the mud pits so .

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xmr doesn't have true gorilla axles ask around and see how many guys have snapped axles already.

Top Bottom