looking to buy a sled this winter....what to buy??

Freeride Motocross

Reaction score
ok so looking into a sled this year for my first time but yes i have ridin for a few years now with buddys so yes i know how to ride pretty good..... anyways what a good sled for just around here in alberta and also good in the mountains as i would be going there also.... and lets say for a 6 thousand doller tops price

thanks

irondogger13

Reaction score
get a 2008 or newer xp if you look you can get one cheap right now. will smoke the rev in everyway i perfer the 146" for a mix of trail and mountain if mountain powder riding is your thing switch out to 36" front end (is $600). I have ridden a bunch of revs including the best one 2007 summit xrs the xpchassis is way better and lighter get the 800 by far the best.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you buy a mountain sled and run it on the hard packed Alberta lakes you better make sure it has scratchers or throw on a set or you will be burning up sliders and likely overheating on a regular basis. Make sure you get the scratchers that will allow you to back up without destroying them as seems people forget to put them up when backing up.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If you buy a mountain sled and run it on the hard packed Alberta lakes you better make sure it has scratchers or throw on a set or you will be burning up sliders and likely overheating on a regular basis. Make sure you get the scratchers that will allow you to back up without destroying them as seems people forget to put them up when backing up.

Don't buy a green M8......Thats all I can say! before you know it.......you will be buying crappy polaris atv's!

Freeride Motocross

Reaction score
Don't buy a green M8......Thats all I can say! before you know it.......you will be buying crappy polaris atv's!

right now i like the revs ahahaha and id never buy a polaris atv and i dont quad i dirtbike so no problems thre ahaha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a 06 rev chassis. Best out the box sled ever. And there in that price too

sent from my htc

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your price cap is 6000 your not going to get a clean xp. Better off with the 04-06 rev like mentioned.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy a green M8......Thats all I can say! before you know it.......you will be buying crappy polaris atv's![/QUOT]U must be a doo rider my son has a m8 2011 that we had diled in by kenny at mountain magic this last year and it ran like a top. It worked so well that all the other stock sleds were sucking on his tail pipes all winter even the etecs.......................................haha

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree you can get a good rev for a good price. I also think an m8 is a solid choice as they're reliable and plentiful, even though Im not a cat fan I still acknowledge that they are good machines. Whatever you go with get +150" track length. You really won't feel like you're missing out when riding around here and it'll pay off when you're in the mountains.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8 with a 153 will be a good all around machine, do the big bearing upgrade to the diamond drive, toss a can on it, and pull and go the winter away, rev's handle well but when you deal with the 900 pulls to start after rolling it to get unstuck you will wish you had gone with something else, flame away all you want Doo guys but right into the XP chassis until the etec came out this was and is still and issue, not to mention for the $6k mark you will find an XP with 2500-3500km that is just waiting to grenade the crank bearing, and unless you buy a 700 or 600 polaris it best have the chrisco engine mod or you better have money to replace that motor

Top Bottom