Looking for rzr info

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hello there. a friend of a friend is wanting to buy a regular RZR not the "S" model. Any info, mechanical, likes, dislikes would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife drives one.
No issues with 1000 km on it.
Has a 2 inch lift kit.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We opted for a rhino because I got it as a trade in at work,.. if not a rhino I would get a rzr and lift it to keep the bum out of the water.

My wife has one We ride it pretty hard no problems yet.

I could do so many things with that statement :) :beer:

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one for my wife last year but enjoyed it so much I sold my BF and took it over. lol
I've put over 100 hours and around 1000km on it over the last year with no issues. Most of the riding we do is mud, water and skeg, what it needed was a lift, tires and a good winch. I also snorkeled it to go deep.

500ssJW

Reaction score
Ive got one lifted and snorkeled and all shes awesome awesome awesome!!!!! Heres some sexy pictures of it! If your going to snorkel it make sure you do all your vent lines to. I got water and sand and all that in my fuel take and yup that was not a very cheap fuel tank haha. Only problem i had!! ohhh wait and also as you can tell i have a case airbox on the bad boy now. The stock one suckkssss a hole bunch of butt! Made polaris put a new engine in my beast.

Attachments

• My sled and quads 001.jpg
    My sled and quads 001.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 25
  • My sled and quads 002.jpg
    My sled and quads 002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 31
  • My sled and quads 003.jpg
    My sled and quads 003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 40

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I have an 09 , with 500ks on it , lift , tires , pipe , snorkel , should do the air box , no problems yet . all good . Looking into a clutch kit next . Love it and the wife likes getting out on the trails more now .

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rubirose the wife and I have had really good luck with ours so far and enjoy it. The best improvements were 27" XTR's and a 2" RDC lift for a little better clearance over dead fall and crossing mud holes.

CTWilly

Reaction score
The airbox is a peice of crap, get it changed. It cost me a motor. If you get any mud in seatbelts they wont retract. Replace with 5 points. Other than that a pretty good machine.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The air box issues was a big issue on the late '07 and '08 models with changes made to the '09's to try and resolve this problem. I've got 1000 km's on mine so far and with "regular maintenance" haven't had dirt getting past the air filter. As for the seat belts mud can be a problem but I have found that when washing the quad extract the seat belt out to the end and wash the belt as well as stick the pressure washer in the housing to try and flush out the crap.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey Rubirose the wife and I have had really good luck with ours so far and enjoy it. The best improvements were 27" XTR's and a 2" RDC lift for a little better clearance over dead fall and crossing mud holes.

Hey CrazyWheeler, how is the little one? Thanks for all the info, will be passing it on.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The 2009 RzR exceeded my expectations BIG TIME. I put one on my rental fleet last season and it took a Heart ponding 2700 RENTAL miles (not kms)with absolutely no drive train problems other than one broken belt. I kept everything stock and changed diff oils and engine oil every 15-20 hours and cleaned the K&N filter every second ride. AWESOME... I'm not sure it would of lasted though without regular maintenance. My buddy blew two front diffs on his, both because of contaminated oil. First one was on warranty for him and the second cost him $1500 :eek: and he drives like an old lady :d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey CrazyWheeler, how is the little one? Thanks for all the info, will be passing it on.

The little guy is doing great, turns 3 today. When I get home from work possibly by the weekend I'm gonna go and check out the 4 seater RZR at Cycle Works with the wife. After a few measurements to make sure it will fit in the back of the toyhauler my RZR will be up for sale.

'09 Limited Edition Nuclear Sunset Orange

- extended roll cage and seat & side nets
- 27" mudlite XTR's
- 2" RDC lift
- complete aluminum skid plates front to back
- front bumper
- EPI clutch kit
- rock sliders
- 1/2 windshield

quadding 155 (Small).jpg

June 12-14 010 (Medium).jpg

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 bought last spring, love it. Snorkels, 2" lift, rims & 27" tires, exhaust, sterio and Dalton clutch kit. The seat belts suck and the tilt steering cylinder crapped, other than that no problems.

Top Bottom