Looking for a second opinion

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im interested in this sled in Red Deer its an 07 m1000 was this a good year?

How much do you think this is worth?

M1000 Artic Cat- Bought new@ the end of 2008.
772 Miles & 52 hrs
has a speed Works "y" Pipe
snow eliminator running boards
156" x 2 1/2" Camo Extreme track
Custom made aluminum storage box on rear of sled.
set up to carry 5 gallon jerry can
well taken care of, diamond drive oil changed yearly
never burnt a belt, still original
2" riser in handle bars
boondocker covers over switches
There is a small windshield crack (2 ") at the bottom, not very noticeable.

Looking forward to peoples responses.:beer:

Attachments

• 2007m1000.jpg
    2007m1000.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 99

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice sled, is that the year that had the odd engine issue?? I'm a doo guy so sorry not much help. Catmando on the other hand rides that same sled if I'm not mistaken and he loves it!!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a quick look an Kijiji, anywhere from 5g to 7. Just saw a brand new 08 for 8500.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an '08 and love it. One thing to look at on the '07 is the primary clutch, there was some issue with the bushings and stuff on them and when the rollers in the clutch spider wear out you cant buy any parts for them, you have to buy a whole new clutch which is the updated one that they put on the '08.

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh aight pretty much what I was looking for, thanks glen.. looking for an 08 less than 1000 miles.. thanks again.:beer::beer::d

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks and sounds like a tight sled.....lose that gay box on the back

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plus getting the 08 gives you reverse which is a nice option,but ya that box has to go.If looking at a 08 you might wanna check out the 09's as well they have a better reverse set up and a power claw track...All depends on how much you wanna spend.
Catmando rides a 08 m8 not the 1000

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, I've rode with catmando once actually his nice orange one haha, Im only looking to spend 7,500.. Im not 100% on buying a new sled this year anyways:)
Thanks for all the responses so far guys.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh aight pretty much what I was looking for, thanks glen.. looking for an 08 less than 1000 miles.. thanks again.:beer::beer::d

Give Terry at T&T a call and see what he has for non-current models sitting around, plus he's got a big sale coming up this month...... Everyone that deals with him is happy.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He lives awhile away tho, im In GP area.. thanks tho:)
my good friend has an '07 M1, it seized twice, and has had the diamond drive pile up a few times now, it has the servo operated reverse. when it's working it hauls the mail....I think in '09 they went to e-reverse like doo and poo

whickey

Reaction score
Had one, and blew it up 3 times in 1000miles. Then after two years said the hell with that and I sold it. The 1000 chewed through alot of fuel to, 20% more then the guys I was riding with. (Could have been me though) Herd good and bad things about them. Mine worked great, when it worked.

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one, and blew it up 3 times in 1000miles. Then after two years said the hell with that and I sold it. The 1000 chewed through alot of fuel to, 20% more then the guys I was riding with. (Could have been me though) Herd good and bad things about them. Mine worked great, when it worked.

Interesting, do you mind me asking what you got now? cheers.:beer::d

whickey

Reaction score
I bought a new doo. 800 with a 153. We owned cats for years and just thought that it was time for a change. I love the new one. Would not trade it for the world. The only thing I miss is the power. That 1000 made alot of it. I went through alot of gas though. Mine was straight stock and I was always hauling lots of fuel to ride with the guys all day. I am a big guy 6'1 and about 240lbs so I do notice a difference in power with the 800. I will prob put a big bore in the 800 just to get that back. I think I will stick with doos from now on though. Oh ya and I rode 1500km last year with the same engine.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can say that yah my M1000 does go thru abit of fuel. If i ride hard for a full day in fresh i usually take an extra 5gallons of fuel. It gets decent milage until i open it right up, which yah seems to be alot so i go fuel. But it takes fuel to make power so i dont mind, I love the power and torque of my 1000.

whickey

Reaction score
ya that was me to. Maybe that is why I went through lots. If you got a 1000 you will need lots of fuel that is for sure.

Top Bottom