lion hunter

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may actually be telling the truth. The guides could have lured the lion out of the park onto a bait then hauled him in there and said go ahead. The iffy part is him not questioning this when he saw the collar on the lion, though I guess it is possible to not see the collar in heavy bush.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read that they tried to destroy the tracking collar after the lion died :/

I don't buy the innocence excuse. He's also a Super Slam or something which means he's tagged all 29 large animals in North America, and has also killed a white rhino

F that guy, he's got what's coming to him.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
based on his previous charges I doubt it but I wasn't there so who knows.

He may actually be telling the truth. The guides could have lured the lion out of the park onto a bait then hauled him in there and said go ahead. The iffy part is him not questioning this when he saw the collar on the lion, though I guess it is possible to not see the collar in heavy bush.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
based on his previous charges I doubt it but I wasn't there so who knows.
After thinking on it I'm with you eclipse. Guides don't hang a bait for lion in heavy bush, they always leave a very clean line of sight so the client has an easy shot and thus must have seen the collar.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy pays $55,000 for an illegal hunt and now will probably have to close his practice because of all the local and international backlash. Not the brightest card in the deck now is he?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a hunter, but hunt for food not trophies. I suck at hunting so I would starve if I had to rely on it. But I just don't get why someone would kill an animal like that. You can't eat it, I don't think you could even have it hide hear in North America?!? It's just pointless killing an animal for bragging rights. I am truly sad about this lion getting killed. I hope it wrecks his life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a colleague of mine who lives in the same town as the hunter and he said the guy will never be able to live the life he previously became accustomed to as people are extremely pi$$ed at him….. even his neighbours. Apparently he drove by his practice today and people were protesting against his actions. Probably the worst $55,000 bucks he ever spent now.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He better be careful might have one of the boys from the hood hunt and mount his head.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
the dude paid for what he thought was a legal hunt. shouldnt most or all of the aggression be directed to the zimbabwe govt

The weapons: Lion hunting using firearms and a bow and arrow is legal in Zimbabwe and other countries nearby, but only in certain circumstances
The permits: Hunting is only legal with specific permits, granted by the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and hunting companies bid for these annually
The animals: Only animals that have been put on an annual hunting quota by the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management are permissable
The area: Hunting is allowed within a private hunting concession, in communal hunting areas, and government-controlled safari areas, but never in a national park
The loopholes: Hunters have been known to lure lions out of the boundary of their protected area and bow hunting can also be used by those hunting illegally, or unethically, say Zimbabwean conservationists, because it is silent
Was Cecil's killing legal? The Zimbabwean Parks and Wildlife Management Authority said: "Both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt." But the hunter Dr Walter Palmer has insisted he thought he was on a legal hunt

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You can not see the collar in any of the "live" photos of that lion. He was 13 years old and had been kicked out of his pride by younger lions quite some time ago and had been traveling out of the park on his own. There are quite a few facts about this hunt that the media is not showing to the public. I don't see any need to hunt a lion unless you're going to eat it. I'm not a big trophy hunter kind of a guy BUT Once the dust settles I wouldn't be surprised if it's called a "legal" hunt.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he can afford 55k for a hunt he will afford legal assistance to help him out and in time we will all have our thoughts re-directed elsewhere. Not right but way it goes unfortunately.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the hunt legal or illegal. That fact remains to be determined. based in his past record I would say that he is lion. But who am I to judge. I wasn't there and don't have any of the fact's.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lions are killed all the time in that country. You really think the locals even care when they are starving and have a huge enemployment rate? Lion hunts bring money to the economy and help keep a deadly predator under control. This is a media stunt, just like how Americans report the oil sands as the end of the world. Also any meat from a lion hunt must be given to locals by law...

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lions are killed all the time in that country. You really think the locals even care when they are starving and have a huge enemployment rate? Lion hunts bring money to the economy and help keep a deadly predator under control. This is a media stunt, just like how Americans report the oil sands as the end of the world. Also any meat from a lion hunt must be given to locals by law...

Youre a retard.

Top Bottom