LinQ Tunnel Bag Falling apart

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
So is anyone else with these tunnel bags seeing them totally fail. My has two weekends of riding in the mountains on it and the mount has ripped through the bag and is totally trashed. Just wondering if I got a defective one or are a lot of people having this issue? I will be contacting my dealer to see if warranty will cover it but.....

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happened to my buddies big linQ bag last year, poor quality

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has been taking a beating but has some stitching coming loose where the lid hinges.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has held up, no issues so far. 1600kms on the sled and I always bring the bag. I'll give it a once over tonight though. Hopefully your dealer helps you out!

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one replaced on warranty that was ripping out where it mounts. One trip to the mountains and I rolled sled over to get it unstuck and it broke out one side again. Havent checked to see if they will replace again. Think I will get a powder keg next.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys carrying in them? Heavy items bouncing down rough trails will shorten anythings life span. What are the guys not having problems carrying in them? Interesting to see what is causing the failures?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a SnoBunje, gloves, lunch, bottle of water. That's about it and it still split in 2 spots on the bottom where the two points are in the middle. (Does that make sense ?)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had a SnoBunje, gloves, lunch, bottle of water. That's about it and it still split in 2 spots on the bottom where the two points are in the middle. (Does that make sense ?)

A tow rope laying in the bottom, couple spare bunge cords, a first aid kit, spare shovel, and off and on my muffpot! All is packed in tight enough that it isn't moving around. I also don't doo the whoops at 90 kmph......:d

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A tow rope laying in the bottom, couple spare bunge cords, a first aid kit, spare shovel, and off and on my muffpot! All is packed in tight enough that it isn't moving around. I also don't doo the whoops at 90 kmph......:d

whoops are smoother at 90km/h..........

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
I usually only have my lunch, water, extra layers, stove, some non life essential emerg supplies in the bag. Don't ride the whoops fast, at my size that poor suspention gets enought of a workout. To fly on whoops would just make it worse. I try to take good care of everything and to not beat the ever loving tar out of my sled. I would think it should last better than that.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Those bags are fine so long as when you pack them... put an old shirt or something in there... The only thing wrecking them is having something bounce around in them... That would be the same things as you pulling upwards on the handle which it was on your tunnell over and over. We have had one do that.. but then once we gota new one and packed it tight... It was fine!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
My bag is plum full. Lots of heavy tools, tow rope, just about anything under the sun to help peep on the mountain.
First one I never really packed tight and yes, it broke.
Replaced on warranty and ensure that is packed very tight and have no issues since.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the stitching on the hinge came apart on mine after a few rides. Martin replaced it no questions asked. I keep it tightly packed with a spare shirt.

Top Bottom