Lets start a discussion. How do we fix sledding?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mad respect for you, but I've got to say, I lose a little bit every time I hear anyone say "I've got ____ ".

1000 days.... it seems very cavalier of you to say that - guess how many seasons Davidoff had under his belt? He probably had a whole season worth of days just where he died, in fact, I can probably almost guarantee he did because I saw him up there a lot. He was riding alone.....sound familiar?

Nothing else to say that I didn't already say earlier. Ride safe out there guys.

I have more than 1000days. And I bet Dan had more than me,, I have mad respect for Dan Davidoff, and yes Ive spent some time alone on the hill.
But only 2 days this season.

Sledding is a solo sport though. Even with 8 buddies with you, a lot of the time in the trees, you are all alone. Dangerous chit forsure.

Last edited:

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have more than 1000days. And I bet Dan had more than me,, I have mad respect for Dan Davidoff, and yes Ive spent some time alone on the hill.
But only 2 days this season.

Sledding is a solo sport though. Even with 8 buddies with you, a lot of the time in the trees, you are all alone. Dangerous chit forsure.

Ya I get what your saying but.... When you are with a group and alone in the trees it's not hours alone it's minutes and that makes the odds that much better. I watch for the guy behind me constantly and if it's too long I look for him. If that's in time perfect if not... Well I haven't had that yet. Hope I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I get what your saying but.... When you are with a group and alone in the trees it's not hours alone it's minutes and that makes the odds that much better. I watch for the guy behind me constantly and if it's too long I look for him. If that's in time perfect if not... Well I haven't had that yet. Hope I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had 2 friends killed tree riding, Neither one of them were riding alone.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 friends killed tree riding, Neither one of them were riding alone.
A friend of a friend lost his life in a tree well in Montana. Got dumped in and the sled pinned him down and asphyxiated him. They didn't find him in time.

Like you've pointed out, there's inherent risks in many things we do. Mitigate them as well as possible and live to ride another day.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many guys were on the hill at the BIS?

Also, I'd recommend remembering back to that incident in 2008, when 8 guys died. Riding with friends doesn't guarantee you'll be saved either, just that more could be involved.

Top Bottom