lack of respect early in the season..already..

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Repair and/or replace one gate, replace bent probes, sand and stain inside of cabin, clean cabin and haul garbage to town and grooming has not even began. And still people wonder why trail fees went from $15to $20 this year.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the same problems down here with cabins,always get vandalized one way or another,most can be quaded to in summer so its a all year thing,I always thought a blackboard would be a good thing to have in a cadin

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At our clubs warmup cabin we removed the garbage can. Was always full so we stopped giving them a place to put their junk. It seemed to work they took it home with them. Maybe for 1 weekend or during this next week remove the garbage can and replace it with a take your trash home sign. May work or may not. Just Saying

whickey

Reaction score
Repair and/or replace one gate, replace bent probes, sand and stain inside of cabin, clean cabin and haul garbage to town and grooming has not even began. And still people wonder why trail fees went from $15to $20 this year.

And they will be the first one to complain about it. I want a nice clean place for us to warm up its pretty simple just haul your own beer cans out. I will bet after seeing some of these photos the RCMP will have a checkstop sitting around the corner just waiting for us to come down. I could care less if you want a beer with lunch however I don't think that it was just one or two by the looks of that.

c_spracklin

Reaction score
in my personal cabin i have a piece of drift wood for people to sign and it stays hung on the wall. alot of people use my cabin without my knowing and they usually sign the piece of wood. If it gets abused i will lock it and as long as people know that its a privilege to use it they may not abuse it. This is my experiance with this kind of thing

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my personal cabin i have a piece of drift wood for people to sign and it stays hung on the wall. alot of people use my cabin without my knowing and they usually sign the piece of wood. If it gets abused i will lock it and as long as people know that its a privilege to use it they may not abuse it. This is my experiance with this kind of thing

Which cabin is that if you don't mind me asking?

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't do this stuff with the normal tools you pack on a sled, you have been to the gate before because you couldn't make it up the icy trail, and so this time you brought along your trusty hacksaw to make sure you could go riding. Fawkin' weak.

Last year we broke down right in front of that gate. We were working on my buddys sled and a guy rolls by and asked if we could help him take the gate down. He had packed up the tools to take the gate off. When we said no he was pissed off that we wouldn't move our three sleds so he could get by. I sent a PM to Curtis with as much as i could remember last year. This year I got the GoPro. Smile losers!

Sammy

Reaction score
At our clubs warmup cabin we removed the garbage can. Was always full so we stopped giving them a place to put their junk. It seemed to work they took it home with them. Maybe for 1 weekend or during this next week remove the garbage can and replace it with a take your trash home sign. May work or may not. Just Saying

X2 on this idea, it is a simple approach and would be worth a try for a week or two.

motomike450r

Reaction score
This behavior makes me sick. The worst part about it is not only does someone else have to clean up and repair the destruction, the people doing the work don't often get the chance to catch the bad guys and "educate" them.
I'll admit this, when I was young I did some stupid stuff similar to this, my Grandpa caught me and "educated" the he** out of me. Never did that again and now I am always the one to pack out the shredded belt like the one we found on the trail 2 days ago.
Doesn't take much to make a trip great or make a trip a bad story.

whickey

Reaction score
I'll hold them down while you carve it in their forehead:paddle:

YOU LIKE APPLES, WELL HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES BITCHES:rules:

No i would be sneeky about it. I like what the other guy said, I would carve "whickey was here" and then just leave, sweet revenge would be if I seen them again in the hotel at night and herd them bitching about.

I agree we should just get rid of the garbage containers, I would bet that if people did not see them there they would haul out there own garbage. I really don't want to loose these cabins, I really enjoy warming up before I head down the trail at night.

t-keila

Reaction score
This whole thing makes me very angry and sad!! I'm a newbie and I can't tell you how much I appreciated being able to hang out at the Frisby cabin out at Revy this past weekend. I really needed a break and we ran into some other guys at the cabin, so my man was able to head out with them for awhile. While I was in there I kept the fire stoked and cleaned up as much as I could. The garbage can had been taken out but someone had just hung up a plastic bag that was full anyway, yes the "pack out what you pack in" sign was up. One thing they did have was a white board that people had drawn on, seemed to work because I don't recall other grafitti, they also had bulletin boards in there. Might be something to try.

Anyway - as a newbie I really hope the cabins will stay open!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree we should just get rid of the garbage containers, I would bet that if people did not see them there they would haul out there own garbage. I really don't want to loose these cabins, I really enjoy warming up before I head down the trail at night.[/QUOTE]

This is only my second post here, but I always thought that the local clubs were collecting the emptys for the cash on returns. The cabin up at Lucille has a garbage can that is marked cans and bottles only. Now cutting down the gate and carving crap on the walls is just ignorant, but gates and locks only keep out the honest people!!

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a problem from coast to coast i'm from p e i and we head 15 cabins on the trails, and same thing i spent endless hours fixing ,cleaning , ect if you lock the doors you'll just be cleaning up glass. each area took care of there own cabin till they started getting sick of the time and money that was involved till there was 12 cabins then 10 then 4 . so if sledders dont band toghther to adress this it will be one more privlige lost for everyone my 2cents

jonniebud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a real piss off if i cattch someone doin that type of sh** ill smack the a**holes pe*p** with a Big stick just no darn respect anymore:rant:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe instead of a gate get some of those big concrete lock blocks. The groomer should be able to lift them with its blade.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Clemina creek this weekend and seen the pile of cans/ garbage in the cabin and made me sick! Me and my group comented on how sick it was, as we were talking about some dude walk in there and throws his beer can in the pile. I made a coment to him on how he should pick it back up, and he did. And found where someone had blowen a belt and just through it in the snow, so i picked it up. the nerve of people

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the supportive comments guys.

The gate was two gates welded together in honestly not the best way. It was done by volunteer work. The culprits simply must have used an axe to break the tack welds holding it together. Hopefully next summer I can find or build a one piece gate, but seriously shouldnt a rope and sign explaining the reason work? I have had an offer from a good fellow to possibly assist with a new gate by potentially volunteering some steel.

As far as the garbage cans go, we tried removing them and they threw it in the corner anyway and the groomer operator simply got sick of cleaning up the mess. Im going to make up some "Cabin Rules" signs, but will need a man lift to get them high enough or they will burn them too like the rest of them. "pack it in pack it out" "please do not smoke in cabins" "Varda and Emergency Contact Info " "please bungy the door) etc etc etc.......all gone..........

Thanks for all of the supportive comments. Hopefully we can just keep educating one azzhat at a time, without putting ourselves in harms way

Top Bottom