klim or motorfist?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be needing a jacket and bib pants this year and when I seen the motorfist gear in person at the sled show I don't know if I should go with Klim gear or motorfist. What does everyone else use? Do either one of them have any negative points?

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never was dry until I purchased my klim gear. Wore the jacket in a couple of rain storms just as good if not better than a rain coat and very durable. Mine has been tree washed for three seasons now and still mint!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you have started a epic debate. As for my opinion I ride Klim and have never been wet or cold in it. But I just bought the wife new gear and we went with motorfist because it was more tailored to women and I must admit it is pretty nice gear. But either way you cant really go wrong I think because motorfist is a guy that came from klim. But I will admit from talking to the motorfist rep their warranty is second to none because if you rip your pants for coat when your at revy or somewhere like that and there is a dealer near by they will give you a brand new loaner and send your ripped pants away and when your pants get back you just take the loaner back. You cant beat that because when you spend 500 on pants you dont want to have to buy another pair of pants to get you out of a bind for the rest of the trip.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's funny because at the sled show I was talking to the guy who started motorfist and he told me that same story. And he told me the same thing about the warranty! Seems like good gear. It might come down to the style and layout and looks of the gear.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it seems that way. Both are pretty equal on all fields price, quality, and waterproof, go with what fits the best and will make sledding better for you! I personally think that you should bring back leather one piece snowmobile suits!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have motorfist gloves and jacket, love em. I have klim pants and boots and love em. I like motorfist because you dont see it nearly as much. I have a almost new large motorfist coat for sale in the classifieds!!!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my Klim gear but need a new jacket and plan on going Motorfist this time around from the info at the sled show as well, and the gloves look great and have amazing features, and although my Klim gear has never let me down even when my boots got wet they stayed warm, I did get frost bite on my hands with their gloves

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my Klim gear but need a new jacket and plan on going Motorfist this time around from the info at the sled show as well, and the gloves look great and have amazing features, and although my Klim gear has never let me down even when my boots got wet they stayed warm, I did get frost bite on my hands with their gloves

Ive got a niiiiiice coat for sale!!!

ktownsumx

Reaction score
bought the klim klimate jacket from royal for $ 279 after an unfortunate day at valemont at -20, have not looked back since, keep you warm and dry, i would not hesitate to buy the boots and pants next time im looking for new gear, guranteed to keep you dry, what else you need? cant comment on motorfist, never had any

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you do but I'm too big for it, thanks though, RTR in Kamloops is a motorfist dealer and the motorfist online store is fairly well priced, may have to tough it out another season in the gay green kitty jacket cause I got a little outta hand at the sled show and really with my klim gear and mid layers the only time I've been cold was the -35 day I frost bit my hands and I don't think anything could have prevented that other than controlling my ADD for the fresh snow hahaha

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are using different moisture blocking material, Klim uses Gote Tex, Motorfist is using E-Vent. Don't know if it makes any difference though.

Last edited:

Ski Pol

Reaction score
Klim is great! Can't say much about Moto Fist because I haven't tried it. It looks pretty good. I would buy bid pants and stay away from the klim freeride pant they have no belt loops and tend to fall down during the day. Just my two cents! Cheers

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say much about motorfist because I have never tried them, but I can say that Klim has been tremendous for me. I did have an issue with my Klim jacket and ski pants last winter because they started to leak water through at times. I'm not sure why that happened but when I sent them in to Klim to get checked out, they sent me a brand new jacket and ski pants to replace the defective ones.......I have to say that I don't think you can beat that for warranty. Other than that issue with the defective stuff, Klim has kept me dry and I don't think I will ever consider wearing any other gear.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are using different moisture blocking material, Klim uses Gote Tex, Motofist is using E-Vent. Don't know if it makes any difference though.
From Experience I can explain a little about Event... Both are great moisture blocking materials.. the difference being E vent breathes. Go to your local dealer, they should have a little fabric demonstrator to help display what I'm throwin down. It's both fabrics in a mason Jar.. water on top of each fabric, when you squeeze the bubble that pumps air into the bottom of the Jar, the E vent side shows it's breathability. When I get to work I can take a pic if you'd like.

I love the integrity of our Snow and Mudders. People can have clear favorites, but you rarely see people speak untruths to brand bash.. Props to snow and mudders, and High five for you riding warm and dry this season!

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And thanks for saying MotoRfist... with the R in it!! Not MotO lol!! It's one of those things things that drive nuts like when people come into our store and want to look at the Klim.. . pronounced Klem... The I is long!! lol!

Have a great day!! :)

Bigredd

Reaction score
I bought Motofist bibs last year and am very happy with them. The reason for going with Motofist was everyone I ride with wears Klim. Both are great products and you get what you pay for!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought Motofist bibs last year and am very happy with them. The reason for going with Motofist was everyone I ride with wears Klim. Both are great products and you get what you pay for!

R!!!!!! R!!!!!! motoRRRRRRRRRfist!!! lol... Love your post though!! :)

zeke

Reaction score
I went by a booth that had that jar with air on one side and water on the other. It was choko. The guy said they're trying to get into the western market with this new product. Bibs and jacket fit and feel just like my klim and they're only $300 ea.

Top Bottom