Kevin O'Leary for prime minister?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shouldn’t say utterly useless, as that is wrong, I mean limited use for daily life.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shouldn’t say utterly useless, as that is wrong, I mean limited use for daily life.

For the average person I would agree with that statement at this point. Gold or stocks has limited use for daily life also I'd say, but it is an investment.

Crypto has the potential to be very useful for transactions both small and large though. And I don't think its going away any time soon.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. But ftx wasnt cryto, it was an exchange and they were stealing all the money and bitcoin...
The Dems, Klaus Schwab and his Minnions at WEF have all the money....................It will GO DOWN as the Biggest Scam in History!!!!
They have to PAY for there Propaganda some how! Remember one World Government and you will own nothing and be happy.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Dems, Klaus Schwab and his Minnions at WEF have all the money....................It will GO DOWN as the Biggest Scam in History!!!!
They have to PAY for there Propaganda some how! Remember one World Government and you will own nothing and be happy.

I think the derivatives market will go down in history as the biggest scam of our time. But ya the FTX one is gooder.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the average person I would agree with that statement at this point. Gold or stocks has limited use for daily life also I'd say, but it is an investment.

Crypto has the potential to be very useful for transactions both small and large though. And I don't think its going away any time soon.

I think they never ending stream of new alt-coins kinda erodes the validity of crypto. The market needs to settle one or at least a small handful to gain traction, of course bitcoin has done this, but until is it seen as a currency instead of an investment it still poses issues. Consumers would want it to hold a fairly stable value to fiat currencies.

It's only a matter of time before central banks release their own crypto, issue I see is they are going to remove all the benefits. Anonymity will be replaced with fully traceable transactions, with proof of "holdership". Decentralized exchanges will be replaced with centralized ones, the central bank will decide how much currency is in circulation and how much will be released at any given time. They'd also be able to monitor conversions to other crypto currencies.

I'm not the tin-foil hat wearing type, but putting this kind of control in to the hands of our current federal government scares the bejesus out of me. People were pissed when their accounts got froze in February, imagine if the government had control and access of your every transaction.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they never ending stream of new alt-coins kinda erodes the validity of crypto. The market needs to settle one or at least a small handful to gain traction, of course bitcoin has done this, but until is it seen as a currency instead of an investment it still poses issues. Consumers would want it to hold a fairly stable value to fiat currencies.

It's only a matter of time before central banks release their own crypto, issue I see is they are going to remove all the benefits. Anonymity will be replaced with fully traceable transactions, with proof of "holdership". Decentralized exchanges will be replaced with centralized ones, the central bank will decide how much currency is in circulation and how much will be released at any given time. They'd also be able to monitor conversions to other crypto currencies.

I'm not the tin-foil hat wearing type, but putting this kind of control in to the hands of our current federal government scares the bejesus out of me. People were pissed when their accounts got froze in February, imagine if the government had control and access of your every transaction.

Im not interested in having a fed coin. Decentralized currency is the whole point. I don't have a problem with 2 million differnt alt coins either. Bitcoin was open source code for a reason.

If we wanted to get togther and make an S&M coin and trade amongst our selves for snowmobiles and quads or what ever, the technolgy is there for us to use. It would never have the same value as something that has millions or billions of people using like bitcoin though.

Bitcoin would stabalize on its own if it gets to "critical mass" where indivdual players (like FTX) can crash the market by selling large postions.

It may never get there, but its worth it to me to have some on the chance that it does. And I don't hold 2000 alt coins, most are complete chit IMO

I like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero for various reasons. I am not on any exchages either. I have full custody of my coins. We can trade them with out any exchange just like cash. And thats good, cause they (exchages) are all shady as fk...lol

Last edited:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And that's what their shootin for me thinks

:sadbanana:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not interested in having a fed coin. Decentralized currency is the whole point. I don't have a problem with 2 million differnt alt coins either. Bitcoin was open source code for a reason.

If we wanted to get togther and make an S&M coin and trade amongst are selves for snowmobiles and quads or what ever the technolgy is there for us to use. It would never have the same $$ value as something that has millions or billions of people using like bitcoin.

Bitcoin would stabalize on its own if it get a "critical mass" where indivdual players (like FTX) can crash the market by selling large postions.

It may never get, but its worth it to me to have some on the chance it does. I don't hold 2000 alt coins, most are complete chit IMO

I like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero for various reasons. I am not on any exchages. I have full custody of my coins. We can trade them with out any exchange. And thats good, cause they are all shady as fk...lol

No I'm not either, but there's already a push for a cashless society, fed coin is the next step.

I'd get on board with bitcoin if retailers would use it, but so far I have no where I want to spend it, so no real reason to hold it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I'm not either, but there's already a push for a cashless society, fed coin is the next step.

I'd get on board with bitcoin if retailers would use it, but so far I have no where I want to spend it, so no real reason to hold it.

My reason to hold Bitcoin is long term speculation. And I will except it for payment on things currently.

I have 0 reason to hold "fed control coin" though. So I won't be...lol

Using Decentralized currency is how you would fight the "fed coin" .... Anyways have fun with that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your crypto is on an exchange its not yours anymore. Its who ever is in control of the exchange.

Thats how everyone got scammed by FTX and many other exchanges.

Exchanges do have uses. But its not a safe place to store your life savings(or ontario teachers pension fund 🤣) like so many people do, and then they get burnt by Oleary and friends and it puts a bad taste in peoples mouths...

There is no such thing as a decentralized exchange. People own the exchanges, no one owns the blockchain though.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bitcoin is terrible to buy things with. Imagine buying something off a stranger on Kijiji with bitcoin. Now they know how much money you have and every single transaction you've ever made.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bitcoin is terrible to buy things with. Imagine buying something off a stranger on Kijiji with bitcoin. Now they know how much money you have and every single transaction you've ever made.

If they could figure it out, ya its possible. Likely theyd have no clue how to do that.

But the dark web types use monero for a reason.

Bitcoin is a public ledger.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin oleary is a criminal. Just wait until he finds out about monero lol

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, like how do you throw crypto at a strippers? They wont even accept BOGO coupons how are they going to accept non existent money. Single moms and female vetinarian lives matter too

Just throw a printed qr code at them. Tell em its like kinda a jab pass

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1669690397866.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with requiring vaccinations for strip club transactions, safety first

you do you. but it is totally possible to throw paper bitcoin at strippers. just an fyi....

Top Bottom