Just bought a super-charged Apex....now what??

apex10

Reaction score
10-4 on the noise...I like the chuff chuff! I think I'm good on the belt, it moves 3/4" with a firm push.

The leak is frustrating as there's no pressure involved. I'll try sanding all surfaces with emory and see if I can't get them to seal, they all look smooth though. Maybe retorquing a few times to work those copper gaskets. Otherwise I thought a thin layer of liquid gasket couldn't do any harm? Just enough to fill in any grooves or scratches.

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. A little gasket sealer won't hurt, but be careful not to let any get in the tank. Just a little noe also, sometimes these copper gaskets can be over tightened and they havew a tendancy to crack and then you got a leak. Check to make sure the copper washer isn't cracked. As for tensioning of the belt. You have got to make sure it isn't to loose also. If it is to loose the belt will ride on top of the cogs and the belt will most definitely snap. I usually hand tighten until there isn't to much tension on the belt then tighten until it is firm. These are pretty strong belts, but if improperly tensioned, they will break. Did you get out for a ride with it yet??

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if you would have listened and came down also we would have had ya all fixed up. could have even seen jimmys tree climb. full throttle into a hjuge a$# tree and well say ahe was not pretty. now the xp lookes like a drunken frog missing an eye and some other vital parts. jimmy rode it out. I snapped a tree off with the lower a-arm the tree was a foot in diam at the base. we are still shocked as it didnt rip the left side of the sled off. good kitty good lol

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if you would have listened and came down also we would have had ya all fixed up. could have even seen jimmys tree climb. full throttle into a hjuge a$# tree and well say ahe was not pretty. now the xp lookes like a drunken frog missing an eye and some other vital parts. jimmy rode it out. I snapped a tree off with the lower a-arm the tree was a foot in diam at the base. we are still shocked as it didnt rip the left side of the sled off. good kitty good lol

Holy chit! Long time no chat buddy, hope all is well. I've been busy as fawk but that's par for the course. Would have loved to make it down to you this year but WTF went wrong???? LOL.

Oh, and regarding Jimmy's logging expedition:

:nopics:

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will have to0 ask him for pictures, i stop carrying my camera. never get the stupid stuff on film anyway. lol. ya was a gooder weather did not hold up for us though. was a tough day. lots of beers and well trees too lolo

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had it out yet...thinking about playing hooky and going mid week.

It is the BOSS in the garage though! I though I heard my wifes phazer wimpering after I turned the lights out!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had it out yet...thinking about playing hooky and going mid week.

It is the BOSS in the garage though! I though I heard my wifes phazer wimpering after I turned the lights out!

Hooky???? :nono::nono::nono: You should never put off work to go sledding. You are surrounded by bad influences I think.

Are you sure that whimpering wasn't something more....like two yamaha's mating?? Better be careful or you could wind up with an offspring called an "Apezer".

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• hotdog-pic1.jpg
    hotdog-pic1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 66

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you get shawn in that costume??? that is sweet lol lol lol.
ok back on topic now this is crazy
who is up for a ride in the gar???

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding gear? Shorts and sandles this time of year!

I finally got the sapex out for a test and tune. Ran great! Had a loose wire to the fuel box which we managed to fix by wiggling a few wires (I may need a new fuel box). The pullies stayed tight and no overheating of the charger oil, although I was just putting along on the trail up and down (a Sapex makes a hell of a tow sled).

I just need to adjust the clutch to keep it off the rev limiter and adjust the idle rpms.

I'm going to try and put a fabric hood on it in the off season.

I should be ready to rip in Nov!

apex10

Reaction score
Riding gear? Shorts and sandles this time of year!

I finally got the sapex out for a test and tune. Ran great! Had a loose wire to the fuel box which we managed to fix by wiggling a few wires (I may need a new fuel box). The pullies stayed tight and no overheating of the charger oil, although I was just putting along on the trail up and down (a Sapex makes a hell of a tow sled).

I just need to adjust the clutch to keep it off the rev limiter and adjust the idle rpms.

I'm going to try and put a fabric hood on it in the off season.

I should be ready to rip in Nov!

Sounds like you got it running good. Just a question, is there any place to go for a late ride, would be nice to get one more ride before I put it away? Thanks

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it running good. Just a question, is there any place to go for a late ride, would be nice to get one more ride before I put it away? Thanks

Might squeeze Golden/Gorman in for a week or two yet. A bit of dirt riding but not too bad.

Top Bottom