just a little thank you to some special people

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as some of you may have read on here, it was the wifes birthday. (soon to be wife)

we had plans to ride in revy but the group we were going to ride with could not decide between sicamous or valemont a week before this was to happen.
lucky for us they decided to come to sicamous. it has been such a pleasure to meet doug aka dazzler i beleive his name is on here. cody, laura, mitch, jeff crooks who i think is on here? wade (dougs nefew) and of course corrisa aka pinkalicous :D and her father dave :)

we rode blue lake for our first time friday morning and i must say a special thank you to doug for making this weekend go so well for us since i had a little issue 2.5 km up the trail... i lost the engine in my sled and was ready to pack up and go home. i had the privilage to ride a brand new polairs pro from doug. i could not ask for a nicer jesture from someone i had just met. it ment the world to me to give the wife the best time riding ever and its all thanks to doug for this aswell as corrisa with out meeting you i would have never met doug.

tannis (my wife) has not been able to stop talking about how much fun she has had. every one in the group is so down to earth and friendly. we had a great birthday dinner with everyone friday night and an amazing ride on saturday at owls head.

we came home last night and were able to ride with doug,corrisa and her father dave again today at hunters range with my grandfather. it has been a time to remember for many years and look forward to riding with this group soon.

i only hope to repay the favour to doug one day for the incredible deed he has done for me.

thanks again everyone from this group. if your on here and i have not made mention of your screen name im sorry. please let me know so i can add you to my list.

tyler

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just remembered there is one more name to our group of new friends... mechille from kamloops.

sorry michelle my brain is not working correctly i need to catch up on my sleep.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was nice to met you and tannis, hopefully next time I can ride the hole day without any issues as the cat just didn't want to be tamed this weekend....

Wade

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey wade, thanks for coming out. and sorry for your bad luck. atleast your okay tho.

turns out it was my crank that went. didnt even last 5 rides. as it split apart on the pin by the looks of it. will know tomorrow once engine is on the bench. crank,gaskets and one piston and cases or re-weld them and should be running again.

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as some of you may have read on here, it was the wifes birthday. (soon to be wife)

we had plans to ride in revy but the group we were going to ride with could not decide between sicamous or valemont a week before this was to happen.
lucky for us they decided to come to sicamous. it has been such a pleasure to meet doug aka dazzler i beleive his name is on here. cody, laura, mitch, jeff crooks who i think is on here? wade (dougs nefew) and of course corrisa aka pinkalicous :D and her father dave :)

we rode blue lake for our first time friday morning and i must say a special thank you to doug for making this weekend go so well for us since i had a little issue 2.5 km up the trail... i lost the engine in my sled and was ready to pack up and go home. i had the privilage to ride a brand new polairs pro from doug. i could not ask for a nicer jesture from someone i had just met. it ment the world to me to give the wife the best time riding ever and its all thanks to doug for this aswell as corrisa with out meeting you i would have never met doug.

tannis (my wife) has not been able to stop talking about how much fun she has had. every one in the group is so down to earth and friendly. we had a great birthday dinner with everyone friday night and an amazing ride on saturday at owls head.

we came home last night and were able to ride with doug,corrisa and her father dave again today at hunters range with my grandfather. it has been a time to remember for many years and look forward to riding with this group soon.

i only hope to repay the favour to doug one day for the incredible deed he has done for me.

thanks again everyone from this group. if your on here and i have not made mention of your screen name im sorry. please let me know so i can add you to my list.

tyler

Thankyou for the kind words Tyler!! Corrisa said that she met a real nice couple, she is obviously a good judge of character!! I'm just glad I could help :) You gave your little lady a birthday weekend that she will not soon forget.... I also had a great weekend, met some new "friends" and can only hope we get a chance to ride with you and your significant other again soon...

Also Tyler, your grandpa is an amazing gentleman and the way he rides at 75???? all I can say is WOW!!! You hook me up with another outting with him and we will call it square!!! lol

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankyou for the kind words Tyler!! Corrisa said that she met a real nice couple, she is obviously a good judge of character!! I'm just glad I could help :) You gave your little lady a birthday weekend that she will not soon forget.... I also had a great weekend, met some new "friends" and can only hope we get a chance to ride with you and your significant other again soon...

Also Tyler, your grandpa is an amazing gentleman and the way he rides at 75???? all I can say is WOW!!! You hook me up with another outting with him and we will call it square!!! lol

you have a deal doug. and you can bring your crayons and paper to draw your maps ;)

i hope to be up and running with in three weeks or sooner. i might call you and see if your friend has those case still from the 07. found out tonight it was my crank that let go. not sure if the cases will be able to get re weled or not but soon find out. cyl looks good sofar but piston is done. we figure what happend was the crank split or twisted on the rod pins. i ordered the cranks in from mongoose machine but i have since found out they buy alot from cv tech out of quebec where most of there cyl's and cranks have been rebuilt multiple times and will no longer last/hold together.

crank will be under warrenty so just piston and gaskets i hope, if not ill need cases to ;)

have a good trip to vancouver and safe drive home everyone

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully thats all it will take to get you back up and running!! I was ahold of Kevin last night and his cases were gone within a week of pulling them out!! He mentioned that he would keep an eye open for a set for me!!

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks doug. i will have the engine out today to see how bad it is. mongoose wants the crank and both pistons sent down to them... they think it as detenation that caused the rod to go... i run 91 with octane booster every time and its never had this issue.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm at a loss for words and not sure what I can add to Tyler's list! ;)
It was a blast 3 amazing days of riding with some of the most selfless people out there. Defiantly friends for life and I miss you both already! Not to worry Doug and I will be out there in a few more week start praying for fresh!
Ill be going thru my video and will post more pics soon:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868247.868980.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868262.498709.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868278.842164.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868292.878814.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868488.606898.jpg

Top Bottom