Jet boats

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody on here have a placement diverter for a Berkeley they want to sell or know of one ?

hihi962

Reaction score
I am looking at a river boat/slight lake boat.. all I have ever ran were Lund ProV's but I want to get into rivers now, and try some new lake exploring, without having to worry about reefs and shallows.

I see everyone here is running boats with huge power, basically all V-8's. I was looking at a kingfisher 1875 Falcon. only has a sportjet and no UHM bottom. boat only weights like 1600lbs and less then $40K new. Is this worth while for me to consider?
I don't plan on skidding across sand bars or hammering logs on purpose, but I don't want it to crater if I do get hung up or hit something either.
and I don't want to spend $80K.

am I looking at the right kind of boat? any experienced guys willing to give advice? would be appreciated !

i am also wondering if anyone would't mind taking me for a ride, gibbons has some demo days coming up, so i hope to attend that, but those are all sportjet boats, i would like to try ride in a boat and ask questions to someone who runs v-8 boats. I have no problem filling up the tank for ya! or buying ya a nice steak dinner afterwards for you and the wife or something. I just have no experience, and would like to go for a few rides in different boats to see what actually suits my style more. I dont wanna just get a certain boat, because some salesman figures its what i need (or what he can sell me). I may even look for a used one, if its a more expensive type of boat I need. I am after something i can hunt and fish out of.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uhytevu4.jpg

Just got off the water, lots of stuff still floating will prob give it another week before I go out again, let the ice flow out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a FyI looks like a couple guys are starting a jet boat group in Drayton valley meeting for anyone interested in joining is being held Thursday April 24 at the hydro vacum oilfield shop behind fountain tire 7pm

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am also wondering if anyone would't mind taking me for a ride, gibbons has some demo days coming up, so i hope to attend that, but those are all sportjet boats, i would like to try ride in a boat and ask questions to someone who runs v-8 boats. I have no problem filling up the tank for ya! or buying ya a nice steak dinner afterwards for you and the wife or something. I just have no experience, and would like to go for a few rides in different boats to see what actually suits my style more. I dont wanna just get a certain boat, because some salesman figures its what i need (or what he can sell me). I may even look for a used one, if its a more expensive type of boat I need. I am after something i can hunt and fish out of.
Anytime man I'll take you out I think I got the boat your looken for give ma a call at the shop 963-0080
Thanks Chris.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you lived closer I'd offer you a tour but I'm thinking 5 hours may be too far to travel.

I have a 19 foot Eagle Alberta Special with a newly installed ZZ4, steel keel and trim tabs. I love it!

Catsass, can I ask why you're wanting to run a place diverter/jetovator setup?

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you lived closer I'd offer you a tour but I'm thinking 5 hours may be too far to travel.

I have a 19 foot Eagle Alberta Special with a newly installed ZZ4, steel keel and trim tabs. I love it!

Catsass, can I ask why you're wanting to run a place diverter/jetovator setup?

I run on big rivers an small lakes and i want to trim out my boat a bit.I run an older fiberglass shallow speed boat and i think that would help a bit.Plus I think the rooster would be fun at times.What is your opinion ?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run on big rivers an small lakes and i want to trim out my boat a bit.I run an older fiberglass shallow speed boat and i think that would help a bit.Plus I think the rooster would be fun at times.What is your opinion ?

For a lake boat it might be fine. I agonized over this all winter. I did a bunch of work to mine (steel keel, bigger engine, rebuilt bottom and pump) and it was proposing horrible. Ended up going with Lenco trim tabs and a race nozzle fir the simple fact that place diverters are lots of moving parts. The idea rocks but I put a ton of hours on my boat and can't afford to be fixing it all the time. For my purposes tabs worked perfect.

Cheaper too but no rooster tail :(

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update to the drayton valley jet boat meeting tonight,has been moved to mitches lounge 7:00 pm for anyone wanting to attend

Is the little bar in the back still open at Mitch's? Ordered Buster's Pizza jumbo donair and cinnastix into hotel(drool) last visit...

What were the details of the meeting if you don't mind me askin....? I work in the area a lot and would try to join/help out/ or something if needed. Cheers.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the little bar in the back still open at Mitch's? Ordered Buster's Pizza jumbo donair and cinnastix into hotel(drool) last visit...

What were the details of the meeting if you don't mind me askin....? I work in the area a lot and would try to join/help out/ or something if needed. Cheers.

A committee was formed and a society is in the works to be registered. A code of ethics and mission statement is also being developed. If you have any ideas for the code or mission statement contact Marvin at criticalpath@xplornet.com.
There is a clean-up happening at Willey West Campground on Monday May 12 at 5 PM. Bring anything that you can think of to help clean up the trails and such if you are able to make it.

phatboy07

Reaction score
Hey guys...anybody running an LSA (6.2 supercharged) in there boat? Curious as to the difference in gas compared to a 350 as well as if the computer will compensate for 87 octane gas if that's all you could get. Anything comparable for a 20ft boat weighing about 3000 lbs.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A committee was formed and a society is in the works to be registered. A code of ethics and mission statement is also being developed. If you have any ideas for the code or mission statement contact Marvin at criticalpath@xplornet.com.
There is a clean-up happening at Willey West Campground on Monday May 12 at 5 PM. Bring anything that you can think of to help clean up the trails and such if you are able to make it.

Pretty sure a few of my buddies n me r goin sleddin again sunday...

Post other upcoming events and I will try to make it happen.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my self and the family a new toy, I've been wanting a jet boat for 4 years just finally put enough money away to buy one. Below is a little vid from my second time on the water with it, went up the Athabasca River with a couple buddies for a nice day on the river!

Athabasca River Jet Boating - YouTube

lifesagarden

Reaction score
Below is a little vid from my second time on the water with it, went up the Athabasca River with a couple buddies for a nice day on the river!

Great video! How far up did you go? I've never used the Vega launch but it looks to be pretty good.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...anybody running an LSA (6.2 supercharged) in there boat? Curious as to the difference in gas compared to a 350 as well as if the computer will compensate for 87 octane gas if that's all you could get. Anything comparable for a 20ft boat weighing about 3000 lbs.

I'm running it in my boat 19' hammerhead and I had a 350 in my last boat 21'custom weld and I would say at cruising it is easily twice as hard on fuel as my 350 was. The lsa at full throttle it's at 43 gph, crusing I can get it down to around 8-9 gph. It says right in the manual premium gas only I think if you were to get stuck somewhere and had no choice to use 87 you prob could but you would have to try your best to stay off the boost so it doesn't det and throw it in limp mode. The motor has some serious balls tho rips really hard!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^

So your saying the custom with 350 was running 4 to 4.5 gph at cruise??

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya around their at cruise id say I never had a digital gauge for fuel like I do now but I'd say 4.5-5 would be where it was at.

Top Bottom