Jet boats

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking mine out of the shed this weekend to start cleaning her up!

Then, I'm gonna go sit on the river bank in a lawn chair with a tiger torch and a case of twisted teas and make some open water.....

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to post a picture of your new water sled.
BTW congrat on your new purchase. If its not equipt with communication radio, i would recommend that 1st. I use both CB and VHF radio's in mine. Its also important to keep the antenna's appart if you choose to use both.

A CB and or VHF radio? Makes sense when I have the confidence to go to the places I want to end up for hunting and such.

It has been that long since I have used photo bucket and uploading pictures I might need to edit this once or twice.

The Bulldog with 360 ponies and a complete novice at the wheel, what can go wrong??!! I am officially done with winter, sleds are put away and already sorted my tackle box. My wife is actually excited to get out and do some fishing now that we don't have to sit on the shore and watch these things drive by.

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is a name for the boat an ocean thing? Or do you folks have names and put them on the sled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of the jet boats around home are named, dads marathon is "tuff luck" and my outlaw nahanni is "No Proplems"

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of the jet boats around home are named, dads marathon is "tuff luck" and my outlaw nahanni is "No Proplems"

My old tunnel was going to be raced under 'Liquid Courage'. I have since sold it.

My nahanni is 'Maxine' but she may get the Liquid Courage rename after the rebuild is complete next winter

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I thought naming a puppy was difficult :confused:

For some unknown reason "Boobie Bouncer" "Short Bus" and "Filled with Seamen" didn't appeal to the wife's sense of humour. Go figure. I really liked "Short Bus" too. Keep thinking and see what happens, lots of time till the ice is out.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Crap I thought naming a puppy was difficult :confused:

For some unknown reason "Boobie Bouncer" "Short Bus" and "Filled with Seamen" didn't appeal to the wife's sense of humour. Go figure. I really liked "Short Bus" too. Keep thinking and see what happens, lots of time till the ice is out.

I don't get it, all is guys would like "Boobie Bouncer"....lol

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"didyoubringbeeralong" or "If you can read this flip me over" and put it upside down across the back of the boat.

"float a loan" "Aloan Again"

At the rate I am going I may as well call it the "Dog House"

"Ctrl Alt Del" (Reboat)

"Shot F@cked Snake Bit or Pounder Burnt"

On night shift with very little to do isn't helping.

I just want winter to be over.

Anyone else in Alberta check in on the Alberta RELM and discover the site upgrade with zero information transfered over? I guess you have make a new profile and the folks at RELM are feverishly trying to update everyones account info. Walleye draws are coming on APRIL 8TH

lifesagarden

Reaction score
I love that picture... an open launch! trying to think if this is my first post? meh, 2013 Bratt Ridge Back 5.7 Hammy

Attachments

• brb.jpg
    brb.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

hihi962

Reaction score
I am looking at a river boat/slight lake boat.. all I have ever ran were Lund ProV's but I want to get into rivers now, and try some new lake exploring, without having to worry about reefs and shallows.

I see everyone here is running boats with huge power, basically all V-8's. I was looking at a kingfisher 1875 Falcon. only has a sportjet and no UHM bottom. boat only weights like 1600lbs and less then $40K new. Is this worth while for me to consider?
I don't plan on skidding across sand bars or hammering logs on purpose, but I don't want it to crater if I do get hung up or hit something either.
and I don't want to spend $80K.

am I looking at the right kind of boat? any experienced guys willing to give advice? would be appreciated !

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 200 sportjet its been a great unit its in an 19 foot harbour craft the only downfall is there loud and annoying sound out of them I had a new eagle jet boat with the zz4 chevy I loved it I would get the v8 just for re sale but that's just me

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West towards highway 770 or Genesee area is still ice covered and sections are starting to stack up with ice. Will it break in place I can not say but if it doesn't and lets go downstream would suck. Just an FYI, to me sounds risky but I am new to jet boats and river knowledge so if anyone has more experience please I'd like to know more.

Rivers broke and almost ready to launch! Hopefully making first run from Devon Thursday

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West towards highway 770 or Genesee area is still ice covered and sections are starting to stack up with ice. Will it break in place I can not say but if it doesn't and lets go downstream would suck. Just an FYI, to me sounds risky but I am new to jet boats and river knowledge so if anyone has more experience please I'd like to know more.

When did you check genasee, 2 days ago all the ice came down through Devon all day. Piled the launch way up but there's a couple guys out there today trying to clear it up to put boats in tonmorrow. As long as you head up stream your good to go

u6emuvyd.jpg

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the river with the dogs Monday evening so you could be right. When the wife gets home from work I will ask her if its broke or not.

When did you check genasee, 2 days ago all the ice came down through Devon all day. Piled the launch way up but there's a couple guys out there today trying to clear it up to put boats in tonmorrow. As long as you head up stream your good to go

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/19/u6emuvyd.jpg

Top Bottom