Jet boats

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What motor makes 400hp in that Mini?

Neil, what computer will you use to run the oil on plug? I’m tuned in.

Last edited:

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a Yamaha waverunner motor super charged and tweeked. He said most are 300 but you could order the 400. Came from a builder in I da hoe.

Just what he told me

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ca7f1a0245615a08ea4aff20ba2fa42d.jpg

2399451abb919238a5c8c0b7a47985cc.jpg

af9f0f53b319f70c62ab39131a1518d7.jpg

Really wanted to get a newer muskwa , but decided to just spend some money beefing up the bottom of the nahanni, added some weight but hardly noticeable , jetcraft in gp did a beautiful job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ca7f1a0245615a08ea4aff20ba2fa42d.jpg

2399451abb919238a5c8c0b7a47985cc.jpg

af9f0f53b319f70c62ab39131a1518d7.jpg

Really wanted to get a newer muskwa , but decided to just spend some money beefing up the bottom of the nahanni, added some weight but hardly noticeable , jetcraft in gp did a beautiful job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the Teflon bottom or something else. I know next to nothing about jet boats but very interested now after riding in that mini

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is thunder jet a good name?

They have their place, all the ones I've seen have thin bottoms and probably not what I'd run, but I don't personally know anyone that owns one.

First you need to decide what kind of boating you want to do and what kind of rivers you want to run and go from there. There's so many different options in boats that tailor them for different uses.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have their place, all the ones I've seen have thin bottoms and probably not what I'd run, but I don't personally know anyone that owns one.

First you need to decide what kind of boating you want to do and what kind of rivers you want to run and go from there. There's so many different options in boats that tailor them for different uses.
And where you will spend the MOST time boating. If you're mostly skinny consider a smaller 8° hull but if big water is where you spend most you're time a larger 12° will be better appreciated. Both will work for either or but do you want to be more comfortable more often

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And where you will spend the MOST time boating. If you're mostly skinny consider a smaller 8° hull but if big water is where you spend most you're time a larger 12° will be better appreciated. Both will work for either or but do you want to be more comfortable more often

Exactly, there is no do it all boat.

Around here a 17-19ft, 8 degree with full teflon, Hamilton 212, and 6.2DI is a very common build because of the shallow rivers.

Peace River lots of guys run 12-20 degree steps techs and pressure style pumps for speed.

Hell if I was running the Mackenzie River up north lots I'd probably be running a Lund aluminum with an outboard prop.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be mostly on lakes and closest to NSR by sasl ab border

Depends on the model, but for the ones I've seen the thunderjets would suit your needs. Keeping in mind it wouldn't take much of a hit in the river to put dents into the hull. But IIRC the NSR is pretty open and deep enough out there for such a boat.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the model, but for the ones I've seen the thunderjets would suit your needs. Keeping in mind it wouldn't take much of a hit in the river to put dents into the hull. But IIRC the NSR is pretty open and deep enough out there for such a boat.
Thanks for info. Would that Teflon stuff help make it stronger?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Thunder Jet Canyon half hard top. It is jet boat # 4 for me. But it is not a stock bottom or the stock 350 engine. The bottom has been reinforced and 1/2” uhmw installed by High Caliber. As well as a 6.2 DI spinning a Hamilton 212. Really enjoy it so far.
If you purchase a thinner bottom boat and put a few wounds in it. Let insurance fix her up and get the bottom reinforced and some stringers added. Uhmw if you so desire.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info. Would that Teflon stuff help make it stronger?
TJ with a 12 ° will suit your perfect. Teflon doesn't make it stronger it only helps you slide across the rocks easier. I ran a ver heavy 12° hull on big water for years. Got stuck a couple times due to operational errors but never put myself in a position where Teflon was a must. It adds weight, increases drag, but adds durability. Eventually with 100 bolt holes in the boat you will have leaks. Takes rocks better and reduces dents. Dents can be pounded out easily. Cracks behind the plastic can be harder to locate. NSR doesn't see much shale sharp rock formation so I wouldn't bother especially if running mostly lakes.

It's boats man, sky is the limit so many variables for perfection most work in a wide variety but few are perfect for the situation.

Best of luck

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 21 ft boat with plastic on it , few brain farts , some bad luck (likely brought on also by brain farts ) , and had to replace the whole bottom . Didn’t replace the plastic , and I liked the handling better , sprayed on graphite covering worked well for slip , but the increase in water noise on the hull was substantial. Didn’t realize that until having the same boat with and without.

Top Bottom