Jet boats

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I would love to, Im thinking about putting in a 6.2 for this summer.

Hey Chris, my 502 turned a bearing right near the end of the season so I put in a 6.2 LSA, only put about 7 hrs on before iced over but so far it seems ok, certainly a lot lighter on the ass end. Don't think i'll get as good gallons per hour , not sure about gallons per mile. Lots of buddies got em in boats here and have worked the crap out em and no issues, a few electrical but no mechanical.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What can anyone tell me about Thunderjet other then weight and $$$. That plastic hull lamination, is it sketchy or solid tested technology is one thing I am curious about? Maybe list the dealers you bought from good or bad. We are selling the jet skis and upgrading to the river for recreation. Jet ski add is on another thread and only reason for being sold is fiberglass and rivers don't mix.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here have or building a mini? Now those look like fun!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What can anyone tell me about Thunderjet other then weight and $$$. That plastic hull lamination, is it sketchy or solid tested technology is one thing I am curious about? Maybe list the dealers you bought from good or bad. We are selling the jet skis and upgrading to the river for recreation. Jet ski add is on another thread and only reason for being sold is fiberglass and rivers don't mix.

Tjet are a good boat, especially for a production boat. I would recommend one especially for your first one. Custom built boat's are realy nice once you got your feet wet in the sport and know more of what you want out of it. There is a learning curve and if you spend time in river's it will get beatup, so best to beatup a lower cost boat to get through that learning curve and find out what you like. They are not all the same, they all have different pro's and con's.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tjet are a good boat, especially for a production boat. I would recommend one especially for your first one. Custom built boat's are realy nice once you got your feet wet in the sport and know more of what you want out of it. There is a learning curve and if you spend time in river's it will get beatup, so best to beatup a lower cost boat to get through that learning curve and find out what you like. They are not all the same, they all have different pro's and con's.

Lower cost boat???:confused: The bulldog is a $80,000 boat new, or am I getting bilked on pricing? Maybe the learning curve isn't only on water, now I am nervous.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lower cost boat???:confused: The bulldog is a $80,000 boat new, or am I getting bilked on pricing? Maybe the learning curve isn't only on water, now I am nervous.
HAHAHA.....yup, jetboats are not cheap to buy....or operate.
They are generally 2-2 1/2 times more then most any glass boats, inclueding them fancy looking ones(tow boats) don't hold a candle in price to a river jetboat.

I would recommend a good used one for 20-30K before going new. Most i ever found for below 20 need alot of work. For 10-12K are generally trashers imo, from what i've seen.

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 2010 eagle 19 foot mint 350 chevy American turbine pump $8000 dollar upgraded trailer $45,000 obo smoking deal got to go I have a new Malibu boat now don't need 2 boats

Attachments

• jet%20boat%202%20003.jpg
    jet%20boat%202%20003.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 295

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tunder jet 350 Kodiak / 350 pony's American turbine 309 ,boats a little heavy moves pretty good top speed touching 55mph gets ther pretty quick

Attachments

• stuart lake 035.jpg
    stuart lake 035.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 419

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really starting to warm up to the Firefish either the hammerhead or ranger. Anyone......
You can't go wrong with the hammerhead, I've had my 21' up the Tuchodi and others hollow rivers. I did hit a couple big rocks(one had my pump out of the water) and no dent. Solid we'll built boats!!! And you build what you want from motor/pump choice to the fine details.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proud owner of a Thunderjet Bulldog. Pick it up Thursday. Now to outfit if for day trips and over night trips. Suggestions on things that have been tried tested and true. Appreciated.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proud owner of a Thunderjet Bulldog. Pick it up Thursday. Now to outfit if for day trips and over night trips. Suggestions on things that have been tried tested and true. Appreciated.
You need to post a picture of your new water sled.
BTW congrat on your new purchase. If its not equipt with communication radio, i would recommend that 1st. I use both CB and VHF radio's in mine. Its also important to keep the antenna's appart if you choose to use both.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up my new one on Saturday!! 2014 firefish with lsa and Scott, used 2007 custom weld forsale, will post it up when I get pictures
y4y5adyp.jpg

6utyge5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well pulled the trigger on a new LS3 Kodiak for my custom weld today. Cant wait for the water !!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well pulled the trigger on a new LS3 Kodiak for my custom weld today. Cant wait for the water !!!

Cool, you'll enjoy that motor/pump combination Chris, those things are nice, just add gas and forget about it. I'm ready to switch seasons also, sooner the rivers pop the better. You should really try and make our poker rally weekend this year, bring the family.

Top Bottom