Jet boats

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...anybody running an LSA (6.2 supercharged) in there boat? Curious as to the difference in gas compared to a 350 as well as if the computer will compensate for 87 octane gas if that's all you could get. Anything comparable for a 20ft boat weighing about 3000 lbs.

I have a 6.2 LS3 in my custom weld 21 storm its better on fuel than my 350 was for sure. So much better, power to spare now. The LS3 will detune for reg fuel but the LSA will not as I was told.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on here know much about outboard jets. need some help with mine. wondering what rpm it should be at. I have a 1997 johnson 70 on a 16' welded center console. cant get it to hold over 4500rpm. pretty sure the motor should do about 5800 rpm... correct? could be my motor?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new power plant I am building for our 17' outlaw

image.jpg

Intial all set will be 7lbs and final set will be 15lbs with a water/air intercooler.

anyone know of someone who makes a 02 sensor/gauge for wet manifolds?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new power plant I am building for our 17' outlaw

Intial all set will be 7lbs and final set will be 15lbs with a water/air intercooler.

anyone know of someone who makes a 02 sensor/gauge for wet manifolds?
Looks awesome. What I have seen done is guys have a plate with an O2 port machined to fit between the manifold and the riser.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To continue our conversations.

Are you going to run a 4.0 kw Impellar on your 212?

Why would anyone run a 4.0 with a 6.2 ? Randy urall Phu*ed up. 4.0 does not work with a 6.2.
Pretty sure with Rodgers experience he would not be recommending that set up. The 6.2 likes some rpm and when you throw a 4.0 behind it it lugs the motor down to 3750 3800 rpm and its just not happy there. My last 3 boats had 2.9kw impellors or the solas 3.4. Anyone running a 4.0 with a 6.2 is clueless.

For me I like nothing less than 4400 the 6.2 di does not like to be lugged it likes RPM.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The previous owner informed me he would spin out with the 3.4. Maybe there was excessive wear in the between wear ring and impeller? I do not know. He said that he had the 4.0 installed. Intake and stomp grate is a High caliber design. The 6.2 DI seems to spin it at 4400 rpm wot. Gets on step pretty quick. Takes a lot to make it spin out on a sharp turn.
12 degree hull 1/2” Uhmw.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The previous owner informed me he would spin out with the 3.4. Maybe there was excessive wear in the between wear ring and impeller? I do not know. He said that he had the 4.0 installed. Intake and stomp grate is a High caliber design. The 6.2 DI seems to spin it at 4400 rpm wot. Gets on step pretty quick. Takes a lot to make it spin out on a sharp turn.
Pull the housing off the back or look in from the grate it will not be a 4.0.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’d like to see the clearance on it.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, I have a 6.2 DI with a 212. with a freshly rebuilt or new 3.4 I get 4050rpm WOT and it will not spin out on a WOT launch, however you pickup gravel once or twice and that impeller will spin out on a WOT launch until you take it out and at least sharpen the leading edge again.

My experience, anyway.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, I have a 6.2 DI with a 212. with a freshly rebuilt or new 3.4 I get 4050rpm WOT and it will not spin out on a WOT launch, however you pickup gravel once or twice and that impeller will spin out on a WOT launch until you take it out and at least sharpen the leading edge again.

My experience, anyway.

As a guy that rebuilds impellers please be careful sharpening your edges lol. I’ve seen more damage from sharpening then from actual rocks. It ends up costing people more in the long run. Most people think they need to be sharp and end up making a weak leading edge.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I know, I have no way to balance or anything afterwards but I am careful with what I'm doing. Haven't caused any damage yet, in 16yrs. I know what you mean about sharp vs smooth, mostly need no dings and it will work fine.

I'll get ahold of you next time I need one done, I usually use Howard, you just started doing rebuilds in the last year or two right?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I know, I have no way to balance or anything afterwards but I am careful with what I'm doing. Haven't caused any damage yet, in 16yrs. I know what you mean about sharp vs smooth, mostly need no dings and it will work fine.

I'll get ahold of you next time I need one done, I usually use Howard, you just started doing rebuilds in the last year or two right?

Been 3 years doing them for people. About 4 on my own stuff.

Top Bottom