January Conditions

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there much good snow left after the warm weather and weekend traffic. Those pics look awesome! For those who are riding this week, stay near the cabin leave and the rest for me!

Thank You in advance

Foxstar

revhead800

Reaction score
I don't think there is that much new snow up top. It has been around zero to +2 all week and even rained a bit on Wednesday. If anything, we may have lost a bit of snow with the mild weather. Still should be great riding, and the avalanche risk has gotten a bit lower. The boys are riding Renshaw Friday and will post a first hand report tomorrow night.

Where would be the best and very safe to sled? We are bring a few green riders this coming weekend.(jan 24)

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say belle for the green riders! It is a whole lot of fun in the trees for everyone! it does not have any large climbs so avalaches are not as likely but still be careful out there and have fun!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Devil those pictures are amazing! You guys sure get some wonderful pictures on this website, I always look forward to seeing them!

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up the renshaw on sun. awesome day of riding! but tracked up pretty good and the snow has setteled pretty hard. had to look far and wide for fresh snow.. but well worth the trip!

devil

Reaction score
Where are those pictures taken from Lucile or Renshaw..

both, the 1st, 2nd and 4th are from lucille, the rest are renshaw.

my friend and i rode with barry and some other guys on saturday, was a great day of riding. didn't get too many pics that day though, too busy riding :d
jan15150.jpg

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know Renshaw in my opinion is by far the best, it is like Lake Louise ski area. Renshaw is so big and safe all with in 2-3 miles of the cabin. So much room you could have 300 or more sleds there & not worry about running into any one. I believe it has 10,000 square miles of area to sled.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Devil. Now we know your handle on here. It was fun to ride with you on the weekend. That turbo sure hooks up good, you can come and ride with us anyday.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a small side note ...Got pulled over by the RCMP on the way down from Renshaw on Sat.He said I was going a little fast,but because of the wild life I know I wasn't speeding.The first question he asked me was if I was drinking,which I wasn't.Anyhow,we all like a beer or two after a ride,just be careful and don't get carried away because they are watching...:twocents:

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Barry Said...Anytime your welcome with us... :beer:
View attachment 15463

View attachment 15464

Look seems like you all had a great trip... but the second pic with that slope and those highmarks.... but sorry I hope those won't yours and if they were the all I got to say is WTF!!!!!:nono:..... with the conditions everyone knows...

Sorry I had to say it..... Pics Like That are going to get more fellow sledders killed....:rant:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look seems like you all had a great trip... but the second pic with that slope and those highmarks.... but sorry I hope those won't yours and if they were the all I got to say is WTF!!!!!:nono:..... with the conditions everyone knows...

Sorry I had to say it..... Pics Like That are going to get more fellow sledders killed....:rant:

I was thinking the same thing looking at that pic. Keep it safe everyone.:wtg:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a note guys before you head out to go sleddin if you have a trailer just MAKE SURE that your brakes, lights, break-away swithes are all working as the DOT is doing a blitz to make sure that trailers are all in good working order..

fersch

Reaction score
Hey can anyone tell me what the condition is like out there today?We are heading that way on friday and was just wondering if renshaw or bell or luciel would be the best place to ride?
Thanks.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Official Avy Reports are put out on Thursdays for the North Rockies area on the CAC website "avalanche.ca" under "current bulletins", then click on "North Rockies". The Renshaw is in this region. Lucile and Bell are in the "North Columbia" region, which is constantly updated. I am going to assume that the report is going to show a lower risk, but if you read closely, it will say that if an avalanche does occur the risk of it being HUGE is still high. I would talk to glengine or bbtoys each morning to see what the guys that go all the time are saying. My recommendation - go up the trail, find some nice areas in the meadows and trees, and stay the F*** away from ANY hillclimbing. As for snow, I don't think there has been much new stuff lately, but hopefully Thursday and Friday will bring some fresh powder.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is what we consider spring riding conditions, go anywhere. Slopes are still unstable and there are alot that have not come down yet. The ones that have are down to the rock and very large.
Snow expected tomorrow and Friday and turning cold for the weekend. Snow again starting Tues. through to Sat.
Currently sunny and -5.
Av. conditions in my mind are still rated high, be careful.
Going up renshaw tomorrow to do some av. snow tests on a couple of the big ones still left.

themadcatter

Reaction score
Dude... i got a hot wife and 4 kids im into other things other than KILLER CLIMBS
Getting back home is one of them

Last edited:
Top Bottom