Its November and the snow checks still arent in!! (free rides anyways)

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats with this bull S*** ? A guy pays over 14 grand for a sled and its not even here by november, from what ive been hearing it kinda seems like it wont be in any time soon.. anyone else having the same luck? Wasnt there some sort of promise that they would be in by oct 31 or ski doo would start making your payments till it gets in? I may have got that wrong but was the special with snow checking a sled and it not arriving by end of october?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Whats with this bull S*** ? A guy pays over 14 grand for a sled and its not even here by november, from what ive been hearing it kinda seems like it wont be in any time soon.. anyone else having the same luck? Wasnt there some sort of promise that they would be in by oct 31 or ski doo would start making your payments till it gets in? I may have got that wrong but was the special with snow checking a sled and it not arriving by end of october?

I've heard that 2 semi loads of Spring order SummitX sleds bound for Saskatchewan were stolen in Quebec as they were sitting on trailers waiting for the tractor unit. Don't know if this is fact or internet hype?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love these threads. what are you going to do, sit on it in the garage and go "zoom! zoom!"?? your sled will come and there will be plenty of winter to enjoy it. my X never showed up until late november, if you bought from a small dealer theirs will come in late.

on a related note, there was a truck loaded with Arctic Cat sleds sitting at the Finning shop for a week....truck must have been waiting for repairs. I bet there are some anxious Cat dudes waiting for their sleds somewhere in the Peace country.....

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard that 2 semi loads of Spring order SummitX sleds bound for Saskatchewan were stolen in Quebec as they were sitting on trailers waiting for the tractor unit. Don't know if this is fact or internet hype?

I heard the sleds were coming via rail. At least that's the story I was told by my dealer. Apparently my X was shipped on October 18th but it still hasn't made it to the dealer yet. Hope they get here soon!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I snow checked my 800 Dragon it didn't show up until Dec 20th I hope that doesn't happen to you!

snowhunter

Reaction score
the sled theft is true and it was all the hi end spring order stuff that went missing. Its not internet hype or anything they are trying to produce more now. This came direct from my skidoo dealer who is also my case dealer ha. Asked if he would throw a new free ride in with my new sprayer and thats when he told me the story. Hope everyone gets there rides soon.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love these threads. what are you going to do, sit on it in the garage and go "zoom! zoom!"?? your sled will come and there will be plenty of winter to enjoy it. my X never showed up until late november, if you bought from a small dealer theirs will come in late.

on a related note, there was a truck loaded with Arctic Cat sleds sitting at the Finning shop for a week....truck must have been waiting for repairs. I bet there are some anxious Cat dudes waiting for their sleds somewhere in the Peace country.....

Yes if I paid that much for a new sled I would be sitting in my garage almost every night with a beer in my hand , polishing and going vroom vroom!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Keep in mind there is a strong majority of people out there that DON'T want to pick up thier machines right away to start the warranty early.... The only gaurentee that you are going to get is.... If you take your sled out riding right now... Your going to wreck stuff!

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for what these sleds cost you should have a guaranteed delivery date.

Thats what I said, I paid for my sled last spring an they couldn't even tell me when or around about when it was going to be here, I called the dealer last Friday and the lady rudly said "it's here" so I am going to get it this Friday.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you pay for your sled in the spring if its not getting delivered till fall? A reputable dealer would have charged you $500 for a snow check in the spring and the rest on delivery. I have better things to do with my cash then give it to Bombardier to collect interest on.

Thats what I said, I paid for my sled last spring an they couldn't even tell me when or around about when it was going to be here, I called the dealer last Friday and the lady rudly said "it's here" so I am going to get it this Friday.

SnowDog

Reaction score
I just got a call from Martin south in Edmonton, mines in:p, but no rush, no snow:(....now for all the goodies to put on it;).

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
for what these sleds cost you should have a guaranteed delivery date.

with the spring snow check there is a guaranteed delivery date of Nov. 15 and a reduction in price of $100/week for every week it is late.

PS this statement will get a little rebuttal as some think it is Oct 31, among other things in the fine print.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a few notes to clear up confusion. Units that arrive before Dec 1st warranty does not start till Dec 1st. Any riding before that is free as far as warranty is concerned. All dealers receive units at the same time whether they are big or small. How many they receive is derived by how many spring and regular units were ordered. Hope that helps clear things up.

Top Bottom