Is this for real?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pr
Are you saying as of may they are setting prices on what you buy. If I sell myself my old company truck beet to sh$t for less then what a book says I’m paying full value In tax?
yah that’s not right.
Probably has nothing to do with people who only claim half of what they actually pay....

I don't agree with the tax on used vehicles but it appears the government isn't going to allow itself to miss out on every penny.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask been doing the tax on the blackbook used value for a while now so if u buy a truck pay 15 and they say it worth 20 u pay tax on 20 but if u pay 25 u pay the tax on the 25 lol its great

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well how many more seats do the conservatives need to loose before they realize their platform is garbage ? They didn't seem to care about 23, so maybe 46 would? Or maybe 70?

The whole " if you can't beat em, join em" platform really ain't that popular.
Except for the current Ndp liberal pact? Maybe if Max or any ppc could get a seat then we could talk alliance vs divergence.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird I just sold a truck to a guy in sask and he asked me to exclude the few extras from the bill of sale to save on the tax there, maybe he didn't know how they do it.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird I just sold a truck to a guy in sask and he asked me to exclude the few extras from the bill of sale to save on the tax there, maybe he didn't know how they do it.
If the truck is 10 years old or more they don't care, you just pay the pst on the Bill of sale price. Used to be Anything under 3k on the bill of sale they didn't charge PST, but I think that has changed now.

And up until a few years ago we didn't have to pay PST on vehicles that had previously been sold in sask and the PST was paid on... but they have since changed that. Everytime a vehicle changes hands PST is now paid.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the truck is 10 years old or more they don't care, you just pay the pst on the Bill of sale price. Used to be Anything under 3k on the bill of sale they didn't charge PST, but I think that has changed now.

And up until a few years ago we didn't have to pay PST on vehicles that had previously been sold in sask and the PST was paid on... but they have since changed that. Everytime a vehicle changes hands PST is now paid.
What a scam by thieving bastages, nothing like getting bent over 3 times stupid.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with sleds, quads, campers pst is paid everytime it switchs ownership if you choose to plate it so alota people buy used sleds then never plate them which hurts our trail
System as 70% of the plating fee goes back directly to the local clubs. So many unplated sleds on our trails and when u ask them
Why its always i didnt want to pay the pst.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuckin BC already taxes the sales of used motor vehicles between private individuals and now taking it a step further so you can't declare what you paid. As of May 1 they charge tax on the black book value. Imagine getting a deal on a fixer upper and getting dinged for tax on the full value, thievery.
That is why we keep the red and whites. I enjoy spending all my time in the shuswap but will never become a resident unless they impose that same bullch!t in Alberta. Trudeau has us ready to say screw it and leave Canada!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I
Lol…most people have to cut somewhere to afford all the toys, homes, trips etc…maintenance is one of them. You don’t agree?
No I don't. If you have to pinch pennies you probably shouldn't own a second home.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great words to live buy until you are trying to fk me on my bill....lol

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't agree that they have to pinch pennies, it is just their nature. Tight asses that think they are cock of the walk.

I
No I don't. If you have to pinch pennies you probably shouldn't own a second home.
Sorry Pano. How Doug put it, is what I meant. I deal with some "penny pinchers" as I call them but they basically are tight asses. To me, they're cut from the same cloth.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t get it if things are tight maintenance should be key.. save what you have.

Top Bottom