Insurance HELP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in a bind here. Seems most people are paying 400-600 for there new sled insurance. For full coverage the best I can Do is 1500-2000 at the 3 places I've tried. The reason is I don't have any other auto policy because I have a company vehicle........ If I had an auto policy they are telling me it would drop right down to 500$.........

What to do what to do.....want to go pick up my new sled but not for 1500 a year for insurance that's insane.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ROll the dice and drop the collision.

It's not like you would take it somewhere else than your place and fix it anyways...

Just don't ghost it down into a set of trees. If someone else hits you, they cover your costs.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in a bind here. Seems most people are paying 400-600 for there new sled insurance. For full coverage the best I can Do is 1500-2000 at the 3 places I've tried. The reason is I don't have any other auto policy because I have a company vehicle........ If I had an auto policy they are telling me it would drop right down to 500$.........

What to do what to do.....want to go pick up my new sled but not for 1500 a year for insurance that's insane.

Are there any companies that have some sort of group policy? I'm not sure if you will find something for sleds, but I found one for my motorcycle this summer. Blue Circle in Calgary does it for bikes. For my bike with the company that I have my truck, and sled insured with, would have cost me 1200 a year for full coverage on my bike, but with Blue Circle, it was just over 600. Not exactly sure how the group policy works, but that is how they advertise it. I was actually planning on calling them and seeing if I could get my sled with them as well, maybe save some money.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drayden used to offer discounts if you're a member of the Alberta Snowmobile Association, but not sure if it was a group plan. They may5 be able to offer some advice.

Need to get creative and sell it to one of your buddies and put it on their plan.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beth with Co-operators was great. My bf called her and is saving an @ss ton of money.

(403) 343-1026

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try TD bank ins. Mine is $620 year full coverage. Also like mentioned above blue circle is always competitive. Good luck!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that's who I've always dealt with. But it's only savings if you have other insurance

Insure it under the company then Sean.

Could always call Stumpy @ Darson Insurance, he'll do whatever he can

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just gave a call. No one would touch my fiberglass dune buggy for insurance. Well they would but for a ridiculous price. They based my insurance off of the appraised value so I had to jump through some hoops but it was well worth it.

So based on a $12,000 sled they are telling me Liability is $55 a year. Fire/theft is $267/year and the collision is again the kicker at $1200/year.

Sorry I tried.......

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep just put it in my name.You can store it at my house also.
Drayden used to offer discounts if you're a member of the Alberta Snowmobile Association, but not sure if it was a group plan. They may5 be able to offer some advice.

Need to get creative and sell it to one of your buddies and put it on their plan.

Gromit

Reaction score
Sean - make sure you ask specific questions about collison. It's about more than sleds colliding with each other and assessing blame. If your sled is on a deck or open trailer and you are in an accident, your sled could become a projectile. If the insurance company can't answer this question or any other sled specific question, drop them like a hot potato. Another item I have discovered is that every year you have to assess what your sleds are worth and check with your insurance company to see what they have on file. There is no sense paying extra $$ on a premium when your 2007 sled is not worth the $$ that you paid for it in 2007 for example. They more than likely won't pay out all those $$ if there is a claim. I phoned TD insurance because we have 4 vehicles insured with them and they were the highest premiums of all. They were very vague about sleds and in the end agreed that the company would rather not have anything to do with them. I made the agent get answers from a supervisor. All in all, doing the homework takes some time.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Got a quote from Nordic for $1979.

T-Team suggested calling Meyer's (780) 467-5048. we're calling today.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that's who I've always dealt with. But it's only savings if you have other insurance

I only have sled insurance thru her. I have all my other insurance split over other companies. I've actually found that to be the best deal.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ROll the dice and drop the collision.

It's not like you would take it somewhere else than your place and fix it anyways...

Just don't ghost it down into a set of trees. If someone else hits you, they cover your costs.

Insurance companies will NOT cover your costs if someone else hits you and you don't have collision. Trust me, it's a huge fight to get any sort of response back from them even months later... just cuz I didn't have collision :(

Maxwell... BCSF has some insurance company they deal with, check their website.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I guess it depends on who you speak to, I deal with TD, have for 15 years and insure 7 vehicles with them... 2 trucks, 2 sleds, 2 quads & a car for $2100/yr

Don't know the exact #'s but I think the wifes 2011 M6 is around $200 and my 07 M8 is 160-ish... they know we ride the mountains and we carry full coverage on both which includes ghost riding into trees & dropping off cliffs.... they'r just happy our life insurance is elsewhere.....

Sean - make sure you ask specific questions about collison. It's about more than sleds colliding with each other and assessing blame. If your sled is on a deck or open trailer and you are in an accident, your sled could become a projectile. If the insurance company can't answer this question or any other sled specific question, drop them like a hot potato. Another item I have discovered is that every year you have to assess what your sleds are worth and check with your insurance company to see what they have on file. There is no sense paying extra $$ on a premium when your 2007 sled is not worth the $$ that you paid for it in 2007 for example. They more than likely won't pay out all those $$ if there is a claim. I phoned TD insurance because we have 4 vehicles insured with them and they were the highest premiums of all. They were very vague about sleds and in the end agreed that the company would rather not have anything to do with them. I made the agent get answers from a supervisor. All in all, doing the homework takes some time.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You wanna play you gotta pay.

Top Bottom